• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children Seen as "Feral" and "Dangerous"...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children Seen as "Feral" and "Dangerous"...

...by ~54% of adults.

The good news for those of you who are parents is that you can do something about it.

For a start you could stop running to the courts when we give your spoilt, misbehaving brats a clip round the ear

Or is a Grauniad reader not supposed to say such things...

At least there a few ambitious entrepreneurial immigrants here to make up for your poor youth. But don't be too gutted. Youth is tulipie everywhere these days.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      ...by ~54% of adults.

The good news for those of you who are parents is that you can do something about it.

For a start you could stop running to the courts when we give your spoilt, misbehaving brats a clip round the ear

Its the kids themselves who "assert their rights" - look at Jeremy Clarkson in Milton Keynes.

99% of parents want their children to behave - they are worried about their kids taking them to court if they tell them off!

Issue is not just too many rights for children(and too few responsibilities). It is lack of parental and other adult involvement. adults have too little time for their children. both usually work. and any man who is a scout master is immediately suspected of being a child abuser!

I am particularly worried about the lack of time that men spend with their children - IMO this is mostly down to increased divorce/seperation and the lack of rights that men get following that. The newspaper that has been the most hostile to fathers' rights groups has been the guardian - for some reason left wingers think that men are ALWAYS wrong whatever they do - something I have never really understood.....

Comment

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
        authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
        of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
        households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
        contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
        at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

Doubtfully by Socrates.

Comment

...by ~54% of adults
          If you assault children you deserve the book thrown at you.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
            If you assault children you deserve the book thrown at you.
            Can you define assault? Do you mean spanking? Clip round the ear?

In schools giving a primary school child a cuddle after an accident is seen as assault and banned. I am so pleased they ignore it at my children's school.....

Comment

...by ~54% of adults.

I think you'll find that most people would just knock utter **** out of you for giving their kids a 'clip round the ear'.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Can you define assault? Do you mean spanking? Clip round the ear?
                I wouldn't count an average smack or spank from a parent/carer as an assault as usually the parent would be able to control the force with which they apply a smack or spank and make it reasonable and proportionate.

However, a stranger to the child cannot have the same assumption applied to them and so is immediately in danger of assaulting the child in deciding to smack/spank/clip them (all of which are used as euphemisms for hit).

Unreasonable force is assault, and a fine and variable line exists between reasonable and unreasonable in this context.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                In schools giving a primary school child a cuddle after an accident is seen as assault and banned. I am so pleased they ignore it at my children's school.....
                There no sign of that kind of nonsense at my kids school either.

Comment

Discipline has to taught early on. If you are strict up to the age of about seven, then gradually allow more freedom, you won't have many problems. I hate seeing young kids arguing with their parents, and the parents treating them as though they're adult.

When they're young, you don't have to reason with them. "Do it because I'm bigger then you" is sufficient. After all - that's the attitude they'll encounter from the big wide world, once they leave home.

Personally, I think roof-top snipers is the only way to deal with feral kids.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is a stupid poll. Children in general are neither good or bad.
                    There are good children and bad children, and those somewhere in the middle ground - just like most things in life.

Comment

Working...
                    X