• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children Seen as "Feral" and "Dangerous"...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    There are good children and bad children, and those somewhere in the middle ground - just like most things in life.
    AIUI, that's the whole point of the poll and associated report (if it's the same thing that was on the BBC this morning)
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A nice polite youngster can seem to be an intimidating thug, if you are old and vulnerable and they are sitting on your fence at eleven oclock at night

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        A nice polite youngster can seem to be an intimidating thug, if you are old and vulnerable and they are sitting on your fence at eleven oclock at night
        Spot on.

Comment

And it collapses under them because they're so fat, then go crying to mummy 'cause they hurt themselves, and you get hauled into court by the health and safety for not making your picket fence strong enough to support a gaggle of nice teenagers swinging on it.

Sic.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
            And it collapses under them because they're so fat, then go crying to mummy 'cause they hurt themselves, and you get hauled into court by the health and safety for not making your picket fence strong enough to support a gaggle of nice teenagers swinging on it.

Sic.
            My point is that perception plays an important part of the way we judge young people, and as we know, perception and reality can be two different things.
            So what's your point again ??

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My point is that perception plays an important part of the way we judge young people, and as we know, perception and reality can be two different things.
              So what's your point again ??

No such thing as a nice teenager sat on your fence at 11pm.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

For a start you could stop running to the courts when we give your spoilt, misbehaving brats a clip round the ear
                You want to give other peoples kids a clip around the ear? Damn straight you would end up in court, or on your back with a broken nose.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  You want to give other peoples kids a clip around the ear? Damn straight you would end up in court, or on your back with a broken nose.
                  Whilst I see your point - would you not ask what your child had done to be treated in such a way? And would you take responsibility for your child's actions?

The trouble is with parents who won't hold their children responsible but say "it must be the school/governments/society's fault"
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Which is why the place has gone to the dogs.

When I were a lad you'd only whine about a clip round the ear if it was undeserved, and even then you'd think twice, for fear of getting another one.

Comment

Then they want to wind their necks in.

I got a clip around the ear from a teacher when I messed around once. I deserved it and it had the desired effect.

I gave a kid around the cuff around the ear when he and his mates were basically having a game of chase around a packed shop on a Saturday morning years ago. It pissed me and a number of other people off, and I couldn't have given a crap about the consequences. It stopped their game and got me a round of applause from the other customers.

If my kid was showing an equal amount of disrespect to other people, he's only got himself to blame if he gets a smack too.

Comment

Working...
                      X