• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roger Waters on the Today programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger Waters on the Today programme

this morning.

Talking about his new opera. As in Bryn Terfel etc.

All about the French Revolution apparently.

Not a lot of bass guitar in the bit they played though.

About 45 mins into the program, just before thought for the day.

heard it. not bad if opera's your thing. but he also mentioned that he wouldn't be averse to a pf reunion. either for studio work or a tour. after hearing them at live 8, i can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
      but he also mentioned that he wouldn't be averse to a pf reunion. either for studio work or a tour.
      English translation : "My solo career has been a complete flop and I need some dosh."
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
        English translation : "My solo career has been a complete flop and I need some dosh."
        I think his solo career has been pretty good. He hasn't shifted vast numbers of records, but given that Floyd were never a band of celebrities any solo project would struggle compared to the group itself.

Let's be honest, he doesn't need the money and the solo stuff he has produced has been good (certainly better than the solo work of Gilmour and Wright).
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          And he's even managed to write it himself... oooooooooooer.
          True. 50% of the last 'Floyd' album was written by Mrs Gilmour

If Floyd got back together it would be fantastic, but I just can't see it working in reality. They fell out in the first place because of control issues, and I can't see 25 years of solo work improving it. Would Roger really be prepared to let Dave (and perhaps Rick) have his input?

Comment

Apparently they are being offered £100's of millions for a tour....
            Roger has always been the motivated one, whereas Gilmour stated previously he wasn't interested in touring with the Floyd because it's just too big. If they do reform, I'll definitely go.

Was Roger's opera any good? I remember he was working on it when the Division Bell album was released, and someone here mentioned 1989. After 16 years of development it must be pretty special

Now, if only Axl Rose would release that fecking new G n' R album....

Comment

Dunno how good the opera is, it sounded suitably operaish in the clip.
              Are we talking 'proper' opera or mock opera (As in 'The Trial' from The Wall)?

Comment

Well the clip I heard sounded proper opera.

Except it was in English so one could understand it...

Don't suppose Bryn Terfel goes in for the mock kind somehow.

Comment

Working...
                X