• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

CUK Book Club: Currently reading...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Titus Groan - Meryvn Peake
    Babel-17 - Sam Delaney

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Where did I say I was reading anything to my kids?
    I thought that was what you were implying. Anyway, this is like having a argument in a library, it doesn't seem right so I'll leave it to go back on topic.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Nah, honestly I just pointed out how un-original it is. It's just an observation. Seems you're the one that's biting to me, and now you're trying to justify it by quoting your kids as the excuse, I got two as well. I read equally tedious stuff to them. Big deal, I don't come crying here about it.

Where did I say I was reading anything to my kids?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Got two on the go:

A quite vendetta - RJ Ellory
    LA Confidential - James Ellroy

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Why do you think that is?

maybe it's because the poster knows some self rightous sanctemonious git like yourself will get on their high horse about it and they think that is funny.

Or maybe it is because they have young children who are learning to read and are genuinely reading Spot goes to the park with them, but the mind numming tedium of reading the same page over and over again makes them actually want to get to the end of the book and find out what happens.....

Who am I to decide?
    Nah, honestly I just pointed out how un-original it is. It's just an observation. Seems you're the one that's biting to me, and now you're trying to justify it by quoting your kids as the excuse, I got two as well. I read equally tedious stuff to them. Big deal, I don't come crying here about it.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    BTW Are you a sockpuppet of Tays owner?
    Nah, are you?

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Ahh, bit of reverse thingie going on? Actually not biting, could care less - just an honest observation. Go site google CUK and do a search on book recommendation and prove me wrong.

It's almost a universal law that in any book recommendation thread, on any site someone comes back with that answer.
    Why do you think that is?

maybe it's because the poster knows some self rightous sanctemonious git like yourself will get on their high horse about it and they think that is funny.

Or maybe it is because they have young children who are learning to read and are genuinely reading Spot goes to the park with them, but the mind numming tedium of reading the same page over and over again makes them actually want to get to the end of the book and find out what happens.....

Who am I to decide?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    And he bites,

again

BTW Are you a sockpuppet of Tays owner?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Ahh, bit of reverse thingie going on? Actually not biting, could care less - just an honest observation. Go site google CUK and do a search on book recommendation and prove me wrong.

It's almost a universal law that in any book recommendation thread, on any site someone comes back with that answer.
    couldn't

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    actually, i also have the long way down on the bedside table but it has been there since last christmas. i've got no further than end of the rain in italy and that was months and months ago.
    There's a few good bit's whilst they're in North Africa but to be honest it doesn't compare to Long Way Round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X