• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Book Club: Currently reading...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk. I do like his books.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Janny Wurts The Empire Series trilogy was good, had an overlap with Raymond E Feist's Riftwar Saga (he co-authored The Empire books). I still think Feist's book, Magician, is a brilliant story.
    Thank you, have bought the Empire Series trilogy for the Kindle and the Magician. I owe you a pint.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm reading the The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library series Book 5). I've liked all of the books in this series and same for this one, easy read.

I'm desperate to find some great sci-fi or fantasy books. I think I've gone through most of them.
    Janny Wurts The Empire Series trilogy was good, had an overlap with Raymond E Feist's Riftwar Saga (he co-authored The Empire books). I still think Feist's book, Magician, is a brilliant story.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    "Mythos" by Stephen Fry. Enjoying it a lot

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I'm reading the The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library series Book 5). I've liked all of the books in this series and same for this one, easy read.

I'm desperate to find some great sci-fi or fantasy books. I think I've gone through most of them.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    "The British Car Industry: Our part in its downfall" by James Ruppert.

The British Car Industry: Our Part in Its Downfall: Amazon.co.uk: James Ruppert: 9780955952906: Books

Describes in painful detail the tulipe cars we used to make in this country and few rather good ones. (Rover P4 and P5/P5B, P6/P6B).

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Coming Up For Air - George Orwell. Nostalgia writ large.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Snake Oil and Other Preoccupations by John Diamond

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How it Changed The World.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X