• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Book Club: Currently reading...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Second Sleep" by Robert Harris, being an alternate future epic along the lines of the first part of "A Canticle for Liebowitz" by Walter Miller.

Pretty good though the ending is a bit underwhelming.
    <spoiler>
    Apparently we've got until 2025 before we're all doomed, doomed I tell ye, doomed!

It's them artifacts with the bitten apple wot dun it.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Survival Manual

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Survival Manual
        you need an automatic, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          you need an automatic, mate.
          Doesn't matter what it is if you can't hit what you're shooting at.

Comment

Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How it Changed The World.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Snake Oil and Other Preoccupations by John Diamond

Comment

Coming Up For Air - George Orwell. Nostalgia writ large.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

"The British Car Industry: Our part in its downfall" by James Ruppert.

The British Car Industry: Our Part in Its Downfall: Amazon.co.uk: James Ruppert: 9780955952906: Books

Describes in painful detail the tulipe cars we used to make in this country and few rather good ones. (Rover P4 and P5/P5B, P6/P6B).

Comment

I'm reading the The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library series Book 5). I've liked all of the books in this series and same for this one, easy read.

I'm desperate to find some great sci-fi or fantasy books. I think I've gone through most of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X