• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does GW Bush care about a few stranded negroes ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    tree-orgying?
    Come on... you push yourself a bit further than hugging, don't you think?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

For starters over 1000 police officers have gone AWOL...RIGHT when they were most bady needed!
      Actually if you look most started going AWOL by Wednesday /Thursday, and can you blame them? 3 days with no break, no way of knowing how your family are and no serious aid having turned up yet? I would have said sod it too
      Then there was the mayor saying that police (what was left of them I guess ) would only be concentrating on rescue not security.
      The "tulip" no matter how the news crews wanted to paint it, was relatively minor in the scale of things. The number one prioity should have been getting people out of there not saving some insured radioshacks goods, if you cannot get them at least get them food and water in.

People > Property

Mayor had his prioritys straight, federal goverment, being more interested in the troops protecting property rather than getting supplys to and/or getting people out had theirs totally screwed up.

And lets not even get started on the levee's...who according to engineers were sufficient to handle catagory 3 type storms and wouldnt have been strengthened for anything else anyway had the money been available.
      Funny thing is...federal goverment was main party in charge of levee's

Then there was the bulltulip about the NO national guard not being there because they had all just been sent to Iraq. Funny though because NO National Guard has around 12000 people in it and only 3000 had been sent to Iraq. But then again, why let facts get in the way of a good bush bash
      This i agree with, only 30% of the national guard nationally is in Iraq. BUT question has to be asked, where were they up till now? Oh yeah waiting on Bush and the deparment of homeland security to give them the go ahead.

I think at the end of the day its just far to convenient to say this is all bushes fault or he dont like blacks or he in cahoots with the evil jews. But then again why let facts get in the way of a good hate'n
      The black arguments in my book are without merit (though will say if they had been white middle class bush voteing america response would have been alot better and faster and anyone who thinks different is idealistic beyond sanity) but those in charge (federal level) definatly deserve any and all bashing coming to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Come on... you push yourself a bit further than hugging, don't you think?
        sorry Francko, I don't fancy the bark!
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
          sorry Francko, I don't fancy the bark!
          Oh come on becky.... we all know what's in your garden.

I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

good work! What happens when you water it?
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

it gets wet ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Racism????

I doubt it, the PC mob in the USA make our lot look like right-wing Nazi's.

If GW or his kind imagined for a single moment that there could be a wiff of racism they'd have poured billions (of other peoples money) down the pan just to prevent it.

Nope, I think that the yanks massively underestimated the scale of the destruction and its caught them completely off side.

As usual ethnic groups are using events to serve their own ends.

Comment

No

read the following account by a briton

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4217022.stm

not different from a bad movie

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    Ps. although I fear SB answer that people who are poor is because they are stupid.
                    It is self evident that most poor people are that way because they are stupid. Obviously there will always be exceptions, but it is a sensible rule of thumb. You above all people ought to have grasped that Franco. By the way, as opposed to "Italian Stallion", you really ought to consider "Mr Ed".
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                      Actually if you look most started going AWOL by Wednesday /Thursday, and can you blame them? 3 days with no break, no way of knowing how your family are and no serious aid having turned up yet? I would have said sod it too
                      **** me...but its their job to serve and protect Mind you, maybe this is natures way of culling those who cant cut it from the police force?

Mayor had his prioritys straight, federal goverment, being more interested in the troops protecting property rather than getting supplys to and/or getting people out had theirs totally screwed up.
                      And how exactly are you going to get that aid to those who most need it if the city has been over run by criminals (according to the Beeb )

The sad fact is aid cannot get in unless the city is safe and secure. And oh whats that...criminals being killed by the police who tried to get it on with the very people who were there to help those who needed help...nah...that cant be true can it.

Funny thing is...federal goverment was main party in charge of levee's
                      Ill say this again slowly for the dimwitted out there. Civil and Military Engineers, you know the guys who actually know about this sh1t have already stated that the cities levees were only sufficient for catagory 3 storms. They even went as far to say that even if more money was available this wouldnt have made an ounce of difference.

This i agree with, only 30% of the national guard nationally is in Iraq. BUT question has to be asked, where were they up till now? Oh yeah waiting on Bush and the deparment of homeland security to give them the go ahead.
                      Gee I dunno...maybe most of them werent in uniform at the time...seeing as most of them are part time soldiers. It may come as a further that the majority of these part time soldiers dont sit in army barracks just waiting to be called out

The black arguments in my book are without merit (though will say if they had been white middle class bush voteing america response would have been alot better and faster and anyone who thinks different is idealistic beyond sanity) but those in charge (federal level) definatly deserve any and all bashing coming to them.
                      I think the calls of racism are pure and utter crap. Its nothing more than just bad luck that the majority of people affected are black.

Had to laugh at the BBC last night when they were going on about how Bush didnt like blacks and then to back themselves up they interviewed 5 black people...4 of the blacks said they didnt think this was a case of racism and the only one who said this was out and out racism was some ignorant moron from the "Nation of Islam"...I mean what did the BBC expect this islamic terrorist to say?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X