• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

300 yards and five floors uphill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First heart attack? Not to worry, zeit. It's only when you get an attack in your sixteenth heart you will be in trouble.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      is where I'm currently moving the electronics labs...

I can feel my first heart attack coming on...
      Seeing the title of this thread, I assumed it was instructions for avoiding the floods in New Orleans.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Now there's a thought.

I should have flooded swansea bay & floated the stuff up the hill.

Might have been quicker than those lifts & the peugot van.

Praise be to the mighty Zarquon, but it's now almost finished...

One mostly empty lab & another lab full to the brim with cardboard boxes.

Should be able to teach students sometime in January...
        Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2005, 07:00. Reason: To add some more nonsense.

Comment

I've reconsidered that last remark.

You can't teach students these days anyway.

Classic question yesterday from student:

"What's pseudocode?".

Followed by:

"What's a flowchart".

Oh dear.

Only 5 days left for him to resubmit...

Comment

Start with basic physics

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Should be able to teach students sometime in January...
            Surely its - oi you lot grab a box, we're moving? You can do physics ( S : cor these boxes are heavy - z : that will be the gravity son) , sport (S : my legs are hurting - Z : no pain no gain, double up those stairs boy), Mathematics ( Z : how long will it take 15 students to carry 100 boxes? - S : I don't know no-one taught me how to count, non of my ten O' levels included that , we did however learn about that great man Pol Pot and the disgusting behaviour of Wilberforce who didn't abolish slavery immdediately, did you know he campaigned for years against it with little effect - shame on him) etc.

no imagination these young lizards of today!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well the academic staff and some of the kiddies are back today...

Total chaos in the carpark this a.m.

Joy.

Still carting crap up the hill. On my own. Driving a little red van. In the blazing heat... (unusual for Wales one must confess).

My reversing is improving though.

It's resit week. Never had those when I was a lad.

You just repeated the whole year.

Now they jump through hoops to get the idle little bastards to pass.

Comment

A more restful day today.

Putting up those dexion thingies that you hang plastic drawers off.

Well, not so much putting them up, more watching two other people putting them up.

Infinitely more relaxing than driving that damn little red van up & down the hill...

Still too hot though.

Comment

Working...
                X