• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Descartes and dualism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descartes and dualism

I am really concerned about the lack of high quality posts on this board. At one time it was a dynamic and stimulating place with contractors displaying intellect, verve and profound insight. Now it seems to occupied by a bunch of baboons baring their bottoms.

To raise standards I would like to discuss Descartes and dualism. How does one separate the mind from the body and is this really possible ? I am particularly interested in the chinese room paradox - does this prove the Turing Test is insufficient for determining intelligence.

If you don't know what I am talking about just keep your head firmly planted up your ar*e.

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    How does one separate the mind from the body and is this really possible ? .
    Simply travel by tube or bus regularly in London and it's just a matter of time...

HTH

PS. Nothing wrong with baboons bottoms. Just ask Xog.

Comment

I am really concerned about the lack of high quality posts on this board. At one time it was a dynamic and stimulating place with contractors displaying intellect, verve and profound insight. Now it seems to occupied by a bunch of baboons baring their bottoms.

To raise standards I would like to discuss Descartes and dualism. How does one separate the mind from the body and is this really possible ? I am particularly interested in the chinese room paradox - does this prove the Turing Test is insufficient for determining intelligence.

If you don't know what I am talking about just keep your head firmly planted up your ar*e.

Never mind the Baboons, here's my arse!

Comment

dualism is flawed fatally

In brief.

I cannot doubt that I exist.

I can doubt that my body exists.

Therefore, I am distinct from my body.

Total rubbish. One cannot exist without a body.
        It's just a stupid game of semantics.

Next.
        (Got any on sport?)
        Why not?

Comment

Pretentious and ignorant twat. BTW here's my bottom
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

'Ere SG

How come your bottom is so similar to Spod's?
            Is there something you two aren't sharing with us?
            Why not?

Comment

"Renes Descartes was a drunken fart,
              I drink therefore I am"
              Monty Python. Philosophers song. Discuss.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                How come your bottom is so similar to Spod's?
                Is there something you two aren't sharing with us?
                We had bottom lifts by the same surgeon.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

These are the sort of juvenile reponses that substantiate my point. The stuff on here is banal drivel, I am really wasted on you lot. The baboons on here should get back to their bananas and leave the intellectual high ground to those with moral fortitude. There are only a couple of people here I respect: Chico for his religious convection and Sandy for her big jugs.

Comment

Nice riposte

Took a while though, were you crying with frustration or just crying?
                    You pretentious tosser.
                    Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X