• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Broadband...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Broadband...

In the UK we're with BT and have a 1 mbit download with 15GB limit per month. We're looking to change...

Who out there(in the UK) is using what? How much, what speed and are there any limits?

Spod - In "Any help appreciated or abuse Chico/Franco, whatever" mode!

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    In the UK we're with BT and have a 1 mbit download with 15GB limit per month. We're looking to change...

Who out there(in the UK) is using what? How much, what speed and are there any limits?

Spod - In "Any help appreciated or abuse Chico/Franco, whatever" mode!
    Mate of mine uses the 8mbit Bulldog package with no monthly cap. He rates it highly. For a no frills package with no cap, Tesco are recommended by many.

Comment

Telewest 1meg no download limits
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

See if your BT exchange is listed. If it is you can get 8mbit for £39.99 per month with a 120GB per month cap (although they say they only pursure persistent offenders).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

See if your BT exchange is listed. If it is you can get 8mbit for £39.99 per month with a 120GB per month cap (although they say they only pursure persistent offenders).
          Unfortunately we're too far away from the exchange...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Very poor value compared to Bulldog - 8mbit uncapped for £17.50/month or £29.50 if you want unlimited phone calls as well.

Comment

Yes that bulldog deal looks unbeatable.

Comment

Take a look at this site, where you can compare a number of ISPs on cost, speed, support etc.

BTW Spod, are they still recruiting at your place? If so, any chance you could PM me with the best person to contact please as I'd rather not use an agency if I can avoid it? My contract here is up in a few weeks unless they can find some more money for another extension.

If anybody else is able to offer contacts in companies 'oop north' doing real-time embedded C/C++ then there's a pint (virtual or otherwise) in it for you. I've now got a baby daughter so I'm desperately trying to avoid a weekly commute down south.

Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
                  Take a look at this site, where you can compare a number of ISPs on cost, speed, support etc.

BTW Spod, are they still recruiting at your place? If so, any chance you could PM me with the best person to contact please as I'd rather not use an agency if I can avoid it? My contract here is up in a few weeks unless they can find some more money for another extension.

If anybody else is able to offer contacts in companies 'oop north' doing real-time embedded C/C++ then there's a pint (virtual or otherwise) in it for you. I've now got a baby daughter so I'm desperately trying to avoid a weekly commute down south.

Cheers...
                  Paco, message sent.

Comment

NTL - 1.5mb, no limit. Total pants

Wage in 'tried to get online at 21:00 last night' mode.
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                    X