• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a good rate for contract project managers jr in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partimer
    replied
    Have to confess I have never seen a contract junior PM. Ever.
    Why hire somebody who can't do the job ?

What I have noticed is that there's a surplus of PMs in general. I've worked with many who all seem to be ex-military types. They may not have lots of IT experience but can manage projects as a whole.

No idea why IT attracts so many ex-military PMs but some are good and some are terrible. One PM I've worked with seem to manage a project by "shout, shout and SHOUT again". Surprised none of the permies chinned up ...

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    "As always, the answer is if you're prepared to accept the rate, then it's the right rate for you"

350 isn't worth leaving a permie job. 450 not sure either. Guess the best why is just staying permie until you can command a higher rate. Well, after all there is a difference in whether you don't have a lot of experience as proj mgr but much as an architect/tech consultant or you are just have a short experience in IT generally.

Now, let's talk about religion!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Franco, do you think this is some sort of contracting board or something? You might get more response if you framed your question in a more overtly religious content.

I have done PM contracts as low as £350/day on the London fringes, but that was for something I particularly wanted to add to the company portfolio. As always, the answer is if you're prepared to accept the rate, then it's the right rate for you.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Right now, if you don't have long experience you won't get the job!

Got Prince2 Practitioner and a successful significant delivery under your belt? That's the absolute minimum to get past the CV selection stage. Rates are a complete lottery, but somewhere around £450 for the lower end.

Leave a comment:

• What's a good rate for contract project managers jr in London?

I guess most contractors would accept less if they don't have a long experience in project mgmt so they can add this skill to their cv.

Any thought?

Working...
X