• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"A Ticket to Tranai" by Robert Sheckley

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A Ticket to Tranai" by Robert Sheckley

Anyone read it? If not then I highly recommend - classical Sci-Fi.

Anyway, those who read it - I am all in favour of their democratic way of connection between people and Govt: all officials have to wear explosive medallion on their neck and any citizen (of sound age) can walk into public office to press button that will blow this official up.

xoggoth.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Anyone read it? If not then I highly recommend - classical Sci-Fi.

all officials have to wear explosive medallion on their neck and any citizen (of sound age) can walk into public office to press button that will blow this official up.
    Harsh but fair.

Comment

It's funny how great Sheckley - a US author is not very well known in the West, unlike in USSR - when he visted Russia couple of years ago his car was stopped by police, most certainly to get a bribe, but when the policeman heard that it's Sheckley in the car he let the car go.

Youth of today only know Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (at best), classical Sci-Fi authors are virtually unknown

Comment

Working...
      X