• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOO!!! Harry won't be going to Iraq

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You mean it was all A Cunning Plan?

Nah.

MOD.

Imfeckingpossible.
    Not since Baldrick went over the top, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Have you ever considered they were never going to send him and the whole thing was a game to get the opposition to show their hand?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I can't understand the fuss that is being made in the media to be honest. It is pretty clear that if he goes over there every bugger in the country is going to try and kill him and as a result the army have decided to keep him at home.

He himself wants to go over there, but lets look at it from a logistical point of view, do you put him there knowing you are going to have more casualties trying to defend him, loose more resources like tanks and jeeps as they are blown to buggery in an attempt to get at him or take the easy option and park him at home.

The problem is not so much the fact he is royal, but the fact he is famous and comes under intense media scrutiny, this has instantly made him a high profile target that would be great to kill because if you do you will get a huge amount of media coverage, and lets face it the people fighting us in Iraq want exactly that. I personally think Prince Harry was rather stupid and blinkered beliveing that they would ever let him go out into a war zone, he is too big a risk to everyone and everything around him.

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    he will be able to command from his house. What with faster broadband speeds and a wireless network it's only moments until War Games come true

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp
    The reason Harry is not going to Iraq is the recent (Iranian-backed) attack on a Challenger 2 tank:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6586401.stm

The MOD knows that if Harry goes to Iraq every British tank in Basra will be blown to hell and back.
    I've been following the news of this, and some parents of serving soldiers moan that Harry is getting off lightly because he is privileged.

However, serving soldiers themselves say they agreed with him not going, because they would not want to be posted anywhere near him.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    The reason Harry is not going to Iraq is the recent (Iranian-backed) attack on a Challenger 2 tank:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6586401.stm

The MOD knows that if Harry goes to Iraq every British tank in Basra will be blown to hell and back.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Just another symptom of our risk adverse culture

Marines that surrender to fuzzy wuzzies without a fight

Ten Tors abandoned because it was a bit windy and wet

Country's gone to the dogs

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    I think they should have kept it quiet and seeded the whole army with ginger lookalikes, only to use them in carefully planned ambushes.
    What a fantastic idea. We could rid ourselves of all the gingers in the country.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I quite liked the T-shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    I think they should have kept it quiet and seeded the whole army with ginger lookalikes, only to use them in carefully planned ambushes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X