• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the feck is paying for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oloks
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    What a grumpy old b*stard you can be sometimes Churchy!!!

Come on man - it's a kid ffs! Can't you just be happy to have played a part in helping someone?

What about reading this story and thinking "jesus, I'm pleased I dont come from that world - we're all truly blessed in this country"? instead of getting your knickers in a twist about the 0.0000000001p that you've probably paid towards it.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    How many more are we going to rescue?
    All of them, hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Why does this country have a whole department set up to handle forced marriages?
    Because we have a high population of people in this country who are effected by forced marriages.

If your main problem is that we have those funny looking foreigners daring to live in this country in the first place, then at least have the balls to be honest and just say that.

Yes, forced marriages wont effect you personally. Or me personally for that matter. But it's an issue which effects a large % of the ethnic population who live here. So what's the problem? Or are they not as deserving to the police's help as you?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt
    Just wondering. Kinda stuff he usually comes up with.
    With one hand we open the door to other peoples culture, with the other we decry their traditions. What sort of mixed message is this?

It has cost us money to rescue this girl from a situation that is part of her tradition and religion. How many more are we going to rescue?

Leave a comment:

• Dog_Yoghurt
    replied
    By the way. I was in a forced marraige. If I didn't want to do anything, my now-ex missus would force me to do it (usually on the unspoken threat of fanny-rationing)

Leave a comment:

• Dog_Yoghurt
    replied
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Are you related to kyajae by any chance?
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Minister Baroness Scotland said the girl, who was born in Britain, was taken to Bangladesh at the age of six to care for her disabled mother.

Does that not answer it?
    Erm, nope.

Why does this country have a whole department set up to handle forced marriages?

Does France, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Russia, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, the USA, Mexico, China, Japan, Canada?

Leave a comment:

• Dog_Yoghurt
    replied
    Ok, if you will for one moment think about my post.

I will ask the real question.

Why are we paying for this?
    Are you related to kyajae by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Ok, if you will for one moment think about my post.

I will ask the real question.

Why are we paying for this?

Minister Baroness Scotland said the girl, who was born in Britain, was taken to Bangladesh at the age of six to care for her disabled mother.

Does that not answer it?

Edit: oops that font was a bit big - I'll reduce it
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 8 May 2007, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X