• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the feck is paying for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    I'm curious as to how you propose to enforce arresting a citizen of another country, in that country, where presumably this isn't illegal.

Personally getting her back sounds like a result, and I'd be all for prosecting, but I suspect that's a whole different can of worms.

Sorry my neuron wasn't up to simple job of making the connection from you asking who's paying for it, and why is it our job to the blatantly logical step of stating why don't we prosecute. I bow to you your superior debating skills and insightful reasoning on this one.

/amateur.
    Ask the Yanks, they've had some UK lawyers and bankers extradited, something about Enron, as terrorists...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Ok, here we go again for the hard of thinking.

The whole process of forced marriage and certainly that of a UK Citizen who is a minor should be outlawed. If we are so het up on her(the 11 year old girl concerned) rights then we should arrest the people responsible for this breach. Not play to the audience and just bring her back to the UK.

An example should be made such that this abhorrent(under-age forced marriage) practice ends.

Snaw, perhaps you should stick to discussing football and leave the topics that require more than one neuron, alone. You're just not equipped.
    I'm curious as to how you propose to enforce arresting a citizen of another country, in that country, where presumably this isn't illegal.

Personally getting her back sounds like a result, and I'd be all for prosecting, but I suspect that's a whole different can of worms.

Sorry my neuron wasn't up to simple job of making the connection from you asking who's paying for it, and why is it our job to the blatantly logical step of stating why don't we prosecute. I bow to you your superior debating skills and insightful reasoning on this one.

/amateur.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Now you've lost me.
    Ok, here we go again for the hard of thinking.

The whole process of forced marriage and certainly that of a UK Citizen who is a minor should be outlawed. If we are so het up on her(the 11 year old girl concerned) rights then we should arrest the people responsible for this breach. Not play to the audience and just bring her back to the UK.

An example should be made such that this abhorrent(under-age forced marriage) practice ends.

Snaw, perhaps you should stick to discussing football and leave the topics that require more than one neuron, alone. You're just not equipped.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    We should've made arrests!
    What law is being broken? I think here we have the solution. All marriages under the age of 25 should be banned.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Now you've lost me.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I thought we rescued a British born child, who lived here for 6 years according to that report. You might have a point if it was just some random child with no connection to Britain, but clearly this isn't the case in this example.

What should we have done Churchill when this was reported?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Why are we paying our government to be the world's social workers?
    I thought we rescued a British born child, who lived here for 6 years according to that report. You might have a point if it was just some random child with no connection to Britain, but clearly this isn't the case in this example.

What should we have done Churchill when this was reported?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    And your point is what?
    Why are we paying our government to be the world's social workers?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    "It's something that should not be happening in the modern world - it's not a respected cultural or religious tradition."
    And your point is what?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I'm a ginger woman!
    Yeah, sorry, I forgot that bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X