• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the feck is paying for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SizeZero
    replied
    I don't see anyone moaning about where the money is coming from to send the 'Cracker-style' police over to sunny Portugal, to help find the abducted British 3-year-old.

Is it 'cause she is white?

Child abuse is child abuse. If you don't like your cash being spent on the wellbeing of British children, then you need more help than an accountant can give you.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    You know what, I had a long reply ready and then I thought, "what's the point?"

You're too miserable to get it and I'd just be wasting my time. She may be British, she may even not be, who cares - she's no longer in a bad situation and that brings a wee smile to my face, and seems to make you an angry man.

I know who I'd rather be given the choice.
    So tell me, what is the point?

Your argument is based on assumptions, not on facts.

I wish I could afford to save every person in that predicament. The truth is, I can't. The real truth is that the whole country can't. You've bought the emotional drivel are you prepared to back it up with higher taxes?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    You're making some pretty big assumptions there in forming your opinion.

There is nothing in the original article on the BBC website that says she is a British Citizen.

I don't read the Daily Mail - I have zero interest in how Diana died.

Let's face it, I just don't jump to the same assumptions that you do.

You support Celtic, I think football is a stupid game.

You think you're correct in your assumptions, I think you're an ill educated ******.

See, we're different.
    You know what, I had a long reply ready and then I thought, "what's the point?"

You're too miserable to get it and I'd just be wasting my time. She may be British, she may even not be, who cares - she's no longer in a bad situation and that brings a wee smile to my face, and seems to make you an angry man.

I know who I'd rather be given the choice.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'm on a BB giving an opinion on something you read in the press and posted. My reaction isn't knee jerk, it's my considered opinion on the information provided - the same info you're reacting too, unusual as yours may be.

She lived here 6 years, I got no idea if her parents were settled or not, but IMO living here for the first six years of her life makes her a British citizen, and I suspect given the fact she lived here for 6 years and the fact that she was actually brought back to the UK would suggest she is legally British too. You're pretty quick to acuse others of being a bit slow so do I have to spell this one out for you, again?

I'll pass on the sheep coment, cause it's not worth it, satisfied that with every post you just look like more and more of a miserable old git, with zero compassion and most probably a lifetime subscription to the daily mail. Oh sorry, you form your own opinions.
    You're making some pretty big assumptions there in forming your opinion.

There is nothing in the original article on the BBC website that says she is a British Citizen.

I don't read the Daily Mail - I have zero interest in how Diana died.

Let's face it, I just don't jump to the same assumptions that you do.

You support Celtic, I think football is a stupid game.

You think you're correct in your assumptions, I think you're an ill educated ******.

See, we're different.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by hattra
    From the radio news, yes she is a British citizen.
    The BBC website does not say she is a British citizen. Have you got a link?

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    If you read this carefully, it doesn't mean she is a British citizen, unless of course either of her parents were British citizens. Were they?
    From the radio news, yes she is a British citizen.

Why were we involved? Because its the primary duty of any Government to protect it's citizens.

To extradite someone, you have to persuade a court in the country that the person is resident in that they have committed an offence under the law of both countries involved (the UK/ USA Enron thing is not covered by normal extradition law, but by a separate "anti-terrorism" treaty). The "husband" has committed a number of offences under UK law, but probably not under his own country's laws.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    As far as I know, and based on the fact the girl was brought back I think you're British if you're born here.

Actually just found this:
    Under the law in effect from 1 January 1983, a child born in the UK to a parent who is a British citizen or 'settled' in the UK is automatically a British citizen by birth
    If you read this carefully, it doesn't mean she is a British citizen, unless of course either of her parents were British citizens. Were they?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I was in the office at 04:10 - We've set up a new production line in china and I was here to cover support so that the rest of my team could get a good nights sleep.

Dedication above and beyond...
    See - you do have a good heart really (contrary to what this thread would have us believe)

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Bollox. You're just like the rest of the worlds emotive hand wringers. Subject to knee jerk reactiona and manipulation by the press.
    I'm on a BB giving an opinion on something you read in the press and posted. My reaction isn't knee jerk, it's my considered opinion on the information provided - the same info you're reacting too, unusual as yours may be.

How do you know that her parents were settled in the UK? Her invalid mother was in Bangladesh!

You're a sheep snaw, it's about time you admitted it.
    She lived here 6 years, I got no idea if her parents were settled or not, but IMO living here for the first six years of her life makes her a British citizen, and I suspect given the fact she lived here for 6 years and the fact that she was actually brought back to the UK would suggest she is legally British too. You're pretty quick to acuse others of being a bit slow so do I have to spell this one out for you, again?

I'll pass on the sheep coment, cause it's not worth it, satisfied that with every post you just look like more and more of a miserable old git, with zero compassion and most probably a lifetime subscription to the daily mail. Oh sorry, you form your own opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Mugs or cups & saucers?
    None. However the good news is that "we" own the factory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X