• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What have the R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶s̶ Taliban ever done for us?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have the R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶s̶ Taliban ever done for us?

Is this where NWP2C is moving perhaps?

Inside the Taliban's war on drugs

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Do they realise due to the war in Ukraine the world food programme is screwed so their population will starve?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

sad for the individual farmers as its likely they will be a lot poorer but the world will be a better place.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        sad for the individual farmers as its likely they will be a lot poorer but the world will be a better place.
        I hadn't realised it was done so casually at the grassroots level - I had assumed local warlords or similar kept a tight eye on their patch of farms and that 'government' intervention would lead to some sort of messy conflict and that's why they'd never been able to stop it (like Colombia).

Of course their Taliban protectors will step in to make sure everyone is fed
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No it won't. Look at what fentanyl has done to the US. It has caused a huge spike in ODs and fatalities. Add in the horror of it acting almost like a nerve agent on people who come into contact with it, like police/paramedics.

US has around 110k opiate related deaths each year, 75%~ are fentanyl.

UK has around 2.8k opiate related deaths each year, 2%~ are fentanyl.

If heroin prices rise substantially we will start seeing fentanyl in the UK/Europe increase.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

No it won't. Look at what fentanyl has done to the US. It has caused a huge spike in ODs and fatalities. Add in the horror of it acting almost like a nerve agent on people who come into contact with it, like police/paramedics.

US has around 110k opiate related deaths each year, 75%~ are fentanyl.

UK has around 2.8k opiate related deaths each year, 2%~ are fentanyl.

If heroin prices rise substantially we will start seeing fentanyl in the UK/Europe increase.
            good point. We in the UK have not even started to see the effect of Fentanyl it will be sadly catastrophic. Its sheer potency is the big risk people are unable to dilute it properly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/N...0of%20morphine.

Fentanyl is a potent synthetic opioid, which, similar to morphine, produces analgesia but to a greater extent. This robust pharmacologic agent is typically 50 to 100 times more potent. A dose of only 100 micrograms can produce equivalent analgesia to approximately 10 mg of morphine.
            I would still argue fewer drugs are a good thing.

Comment

I would still argue fewer drugs are a good thing.
              Safe drugs are a good thing.

It's a healthcare issue. I much rather spend £50/d on NHS prescribing controlled heroin than have an addict shoplifting/mugging/burglary-ing £500 worth of stuff each day. Have them in the healthcare system so help can be offered less intrusively.

I think we actually ran a serious trial in the 60s? where NHS gave out hard drugs and it worked. Then the whole war on drugs moral outrage tulipe took over.

Soft drugs should be put in the same category as alcohol/tobacco. Ensure quality, discourage underage consumption, tax.

Comment

It's a healthcare issue. I much rather spend £50/d on NHS prescribing controlled heroin than have an addict shoplifting/mugging/burglary-ing £500 worth of stuff each day. Have them in the healthcare system so help can be offered less intrusively.

I think we actually ran a serious trial in the 60s? where NHS gave out hard drugs and it worked. Then the whole war on drugs moral outrage tulipe took over.

Soft drugs should be put in the same category as alcohol/tobacco. Ensure quality, discourage underage consumption, tax.
                Stop coming up with ideas that directly cost the taxpayer money in a way that can be measured.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Indeed we did. And who fecked it up? The bunch of Septic cretins that brought Prohibition to SepticLand.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

agree with prescribing methadone etc. and weaning people off.

Comment

Working...
                    X