• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They're not laughing now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're not laughing now

So the government, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to ban laughing gas.
    Apparently the health effects it causes are no laughing matter, according to Michael Gove - so it must be true.

Anyone ever tried it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65079772

Maybe I should. Haven't laughed in years.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yep.

Just made me feel sleepy.

Anyway Gove has lots of personal experience with drugs.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Come to think of it, I picked one of those things up in a park ages ago, not knowing what it was at the time. Better find it and chuck it before the coppers turn up.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Yep.

Just made me feel sleepy.

Anyway Gove has lots of personal experience with drugs.
          You do strike me as the kind of clueless easily led muppet that would try that. Let's see if we can find the change in your posting style that reflects the death of a few neurons...

<Some Time Later>
          Nope, it looks like you've always posted like a clueless easily led muppet.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Come to think of it, I picked one of those things up in a park ages ago, not knowing what it was at the time. Better find it and chuck it before the coppers turn up.
            Funnily enough, the same little containers are used by cyclists to inflate their tyres.

Which is going to be fun when they start arresting cyclists.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Funnily enough, the same little containers are used by cyclists to inflate their tyres.
              And in home-brewing and quite a few other hobby activities.

But then illegal and legal drugs often come in the same format (a pill). Must admit I've rather missed this entire story - didn't know LG was being used by kids or that it had negative connotations.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                And in home-brewing and quite a few other hobby activities.
                True, but in home brewing you'd throw things out with your household waste, not just chuck it in a hedge at the side of a road.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Which is going to be fun when they start arresting cyclists.
                  The canisters used by cyclists contain CO2, not laughing gas.

Comment

If only they chucked them in the hedge.

There's dozens of them on my walk, all over the road.

Makes one quite nostalgic when it was 2nd hand condoms back in the day.

Apparently NO destroys neurons if you use enough of it since it destroys vitamin B12 according to reports.

Dreamy Creamy:

https://content.iriss.org.uk/vsatrai...0in%20a%20shop.

Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is used as the propellant in food aerosols such as whipped cream.

It is possible to get about 20-30 seconds of propellant gas from an upright whipped cream aerosol and there have been reports of young people using several in a shop.

Canisters of nitrous oxide are used in catering for instant whipped cream (domestic versions are commonly available in the USA)
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 March 2023, 09:07.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X