• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't open the door to strangers..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't open the door to strangers..

if you live in Florida

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...bites-man-door
    A Florida man answering a knock at his front door was promptly bitten by a 9ft long alligator when he opened it to see who was there.

Scot Hollingsworth, of Daytona Beach, told local TV station WKMG that he was watching TV with his wife when he heard a bump at the door and got up to investigate.

“I jumped up and headed over and opened the door, stepped out while trying to reach the lights and barely got out the door and got my leg clamped on and [it] started shaking really violently,” he said.

"It was just total surprise and shock,” he said. “I suspect I surprised the alligator as much as he surprised me.”

Hollingsworth was bitten in the upper thigh and taken to a hospital where he was treated for his injuries. He is expected to make a full recovery.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission found the gator and later euthanised it.

Florida has a large and booming population of alligators which frequently bumps up against the state’s human population as it expands into the state’s swamps and waterlands. Attacks and injuries are rare but do happen.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Odd coincidence, me and loony lady 1 were talking about Florida alligators yesterday. Forget why now, not to do with that news.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
    X