• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office cake is as bad as passive smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office cake is as bad as passive smoking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64315384

I might have to sue Mrs Albert for bringing a slice of cake out to the garden office.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Just seen this on the Beeb
    Can only think that Susan Jebb is a deeply unpopular bint and no one bring in cake on her birthday!
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

a long time ago, at a bank near brick lane (London E1), we had samosa's every friday

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
        a long time ago, at a bank near brick lane (London E1), we had samosa's every friday
        Never worked for a bank, but a long, long time ago at a media company in Soho, we went to the pub from midday every Friday (and quite a few other days of the week).

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          Just seen this on the Beeb
          Can only think that Susan Jebb is a deeply unpopular bint and no one bring in cake on her birthday!
          She's the one who is suppose to bring in cake or sweets or (even fruit or vegetables).

Though I agree she's probably unpopular due to not bringing in anything.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

Never worked for a bank, but a long, long time ago at a media company in Soho, we went to the pub from midday every Friday (and quite a few other days of the week).
            Back in the day, a long time ago when I was perm, the dev team in most of the companies I worked at would go down the pub on a Friday lunchtime.

Doesn't seem to happen any more
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
              Snap! Except I was working at a shipping company close to that location

Comment

Cake shops should have to shutter their windows so people don't see a cake walking past.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Cake shops should have to shutter their windows so people don't see a cake walking past.
                  Yes.

Mr Kipling will have to branch out into e-Cakes, a bit like vapes, fake cake made of an un-holy mix of dodgy chemicals but no actual cake.

Comment

«'Let them eat cake,' says Rishi Sunak

Some primary schools have now swapped out birthday cake for pencils and books»

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-tsar-warning/

Comment

Working...
                    X