• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plenty of great properties out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of great properties out there

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-auction.html

Hotel of horrors where ‘Hannibal Lecter’ killer ‘ate the face’ of his victim is put up for auction for £260,000 after being turned into a nine-bedroom home despite locals wanting it demolished for good
    • The former Sirhowy Arms hotel in Argoed, near Caerphilly, South Wales, is going up for auction in October
    • Shopworker Cerys Yemm, 22, was brutally killed by Matthew Williams, 34, there in November 2014
    • The property is set to go for auction, at a minimum opening bid of £264,000, in a bid to shed its dark past

Click image for larger version

Name:	62924845-11262297-The_sale_of_the_property_comes_five_years_after_a_jury_ruled_Cer-a-33_1664464561989.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	4234933
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Auction prices are merely a way to attract bidders, it could go for more than double the guide price
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Auction prices are merely a way to attract bidders, it could go for more than double the guide price
      Its Wales!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its Wales!
        The cottage in Wales I wanted to buy 25 years ago and I was put off by threats of the locals is still empty.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I was reading the same article earlier today as that's just up the road from me (about 5 or 6 miles); the murder really shook all the community around here, nasty, nasty thing to happen.
          As far as house prices go, Argoed is an absolute hole. I can't see any family buying the place but can see all the refurbishment being ripped out and it being turned back into a HMO / Hostel. Time will tell.....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its Wales!
            Ah, that makes more sense. £264k for one property is a lot, but for the whole of the Principality, it’s probably a fair valuation.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So what's wrong with the property? There was a grisly murder there once... so what?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So what's wrong with the property? There was a grisly murder there once... so what?
                It might be haunted.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It might be haunted.
                  They need
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Never stopped the sale of any place I've lived in...
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X