• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forgetful....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgetful....

What is the worst thing that you have forgot...

Just remembered that I was meant to view a house 6 days ago and just remembered now....fantastic.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    What is the worst thing that you have forgot...

Just remembered that I was meant to view a house 6 days ago and just remembered now....fantastic.
    Years ago, meant to go to a mate's flat who was on holiday to check and feed his extensive collection of tropical fish, in serveral tanks.

It was quite a trek but he was a good mate and I agreed to do it twice during his week-long holiday.

Drove for 1.5 hours to get there, strode purposefully to the front door, checked I had the list of feeding and care instructions...

then realised I forgot to bring the house keys.

Bugger

Had to go back the next day so the fecking fish didn't perish.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

forgot to go to Hospital as a day patient for an operation.

got lucky as Anethetist was unvailible and they phoned me at 10am to say don;t come in. phew!!
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Got the train from Dover to Bonn where my I left my car at the Koln-Bonn airport, left car keys in Dover.

Comment

I put a bath on after drinking ten pints of Stella, forgot about it and went to bed... the next morning the old guy who lived in the flat downstairs was banging on my door, when I answered it all bleary eyed I could hear the faint trickle of water coming from my bathroom behind me... then the penny dropped so I went downstairs to see what damage had been caused and was confronted with a collapsed ceiling and hot water running down the walls!

I spent the whole of Sunday pushing a rug doctor round his flat with the mother of all hangovers and then helped him contact his insurance company, I never did admit to leaving the bath on and just said a pipe had burst.

I haven’t drunk Stella since!
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I said I'd look after some luggage for a mate who went off for a long 2 month or so holiday around South America with his wife (who eventually divorced him). Unbeknown to me, he had previously bought some Eric Clapton tickets and had left them in the luggage in my flat. One weekend I went to Ireland to see the bird I was shagging at the time.

I came back to find that he had broken my flat window to get his luggage and his Clapton tickets.

He never paid for the broken window which was left as it was all weekend (which he got the flat gardener to break for him), and I never spoke to him again.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Did he also try and take your TV?

Comment

No, but he was absolutely adamant that it was entirely my fault and I should have been waiting for him. And the fact he was too thick to phone someone to get access into my flat was beyond him.

He deserved everything he got in life as far as I'm concerned.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

i forgot to have children

Comment

My phone fell out of my top pocket as I was bathing my baby son (he about 6 months old), so I went to catch it and I forgot to keep hold of the baby's head, and he went under for a few seconds.

My wife witnessed this..

her: 'THE BABY!!!!!'
                    me: 'Oops!'

Comment

Working...
                    X