• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread here on effective interest rates:

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/stat...75530722627584

Comment

OK, well that was unexpected, Chapter 10 ITEPA (aka "new IR35") to be repealed, it sounds like, both the public and private sector reforms.

Comment

2017 / 2021 IR35 changes repealed?!

Comment

wow will that get rid of the blanket ban

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Whatever they do about stamp duty won't be replicated in Wales no doubt, which a relief in a way. House prices near me have gone crazy a 3 bed Semi detached house down the road just sold for £210k I know it doesn't sound a lot but I live in a small village and it's not the most sought after area, the property was bought 4 years ago for £120k. Salaries outside of Cardiff are pretty low too, I just can't fathom what is going on.
            We bought our first house 30 years ago for £65k in one of the villages in Slough. That was the same cost as my flat in the best end of Guildford was worth. My wages at the time were about £20k so 3.5* wages.

The same house is now £500-600K a similar job to mine then is probably £35-40k so 10-20 * wages.

This is in the Slough postcode.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

IR35 what did I hear?

According to my ears and twitter he's scrapped it.
              Last edited by SueEllen; 23 September 2022, 08:59.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

repealed the ir35 amendments from 2017/2021

Comment

Need to see the statement.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yep, its being repealed.

LOOKS LIKE MEATS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS.

Comment

Flippin crikey

Comment

Working...
                      X