• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post

Well, I just got my letter from HMRC ref my state pension. Lucky I'm not just relying on it...£8,898 a year. Now if £2500 minimum of that was just going on heating?
    If you were just relying on that you would get your £14 a week pension credit plus all the other benefits linked to you claiming that.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    «It will be means-tested, so that if you have enough money to afford a five or six thousand a year energy bill you will just have to pay it yourself. Help will be concentrated on people who can’t afford to stay warm.»

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ing-come-mess/
    Well, I just got my letter from HMRC ref my state pension. Lucky I'm not just relying on it...£8,898 a year. Now if £2500 minimum of that was just going on heating?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Was the personal emergency Truss had, which the Speaker refused to let an MP probe about, was Truss being given benzodiazepines?
    She was checking on how that lettuce is doing...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Was the personal emergency Truss had, which the Speaker refused to let an MP probe about, was Truss being given benzodiazepines?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "Cornwall Insight said it now expects annual bills to equate to £4,347.69 from April to June, with gas at £2,286.70 and electricity at £2,060.99.

The consultancy predicts the price cap easing slightly to £3,697 in the July to September quarter, and then £3,722 from next October until the end of 2023. That is still far higher than the £1,277 annual bills stood at a year ago."

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...347-april-hunt

So at least £300 per month on average taken out of discretionary consumer monthly spending

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    There are those who are just above the universal credit and pension credit thresholds with the latter voting. Not a good idea.
    Most people in this country ain’t got enough savings to drop 5 grand on energy and current tulip can last for a few years

There won’t be middle class in this country soon

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Thats the correct plan. Destroy demand and try to kill inflation asap.
    Yeah, nuking the hospitality industry in their peak time and reducing buying overpriced retail tulip from MFs of this world would surely fix imported energy inflation

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    “He said a Treasury-led taskforce was now looking at how support could be better targeted from April.

It is not yet clear how the Treasury will target the support. Tom Edwards, a senior modeller at Cornwall Insight, suggested that the simplest method would be to target households in receipt of benefits through the universal credit system.

He warned that energy suppliers generally knew very little about the incomes of their customers, making it difficult to means-test support without embarking on a “large IT project”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...unt-cuts-back/

FFS, can they fooking do anything without “massive IT project”?
    There are those who are just above the universal credit and pension credit thresholds with the latter voting.

Not a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    now spending will take a huge hit before Xmas even
    Thats the correct plan. Destroy demand and try to kill inflation asap.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    “He said a Treasury-led taskforce was now looking at how support could be better targeted from April.

It is not yet clear how the Treasury will target the support. Tom Edwards, a senior modeller at Cornwall Insight, suggested that the simplest method would be to target households in receipt of benefits through the universal credit system.

He warned that energy suppliers generally knew very little about the incomes of their customers, making it difficult to means-test support without embarking on a “large IT project”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...unt-cuts-back/

FFS, can they fooking do anything without “massive IT project”?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X