• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who would you vote for next Conservative leader?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Highly unlikely any policy change will really impact me too much. No mortgage, don't smoke, don't drink much, got a decent job even though I could stop working at 52 and never work again. Unless they ban my sports car, or tax the Zwift app by £1000 a month, I'm probably going to be ok.

These 2 are in a party full of xenophobe MPs and members who put them in the last 2 places to be PM ... at the very least they are complicit although I'm happy to be proven otherwise if one comes to power and sorts their party out.
    Probably not too wise to rely on the decisions of MPs. They were in last place behind a bunch of candidates with little or no ministerial experience and no political successes worthy of the name.

And don't forget, these are a group who have binned their best chance of winning an election over something completely trivial and for which he has apologised at some length, and at the worst possible time for a change of leader. The former is something for which he should be punished, but the latter shows just how much they care for the country above their own inflated sense of importance.

Thankfully, Sir Snoozefest is in no position to capitalise on it.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Well they are in charge the next 2 years so it behooves you to care, if those are issues that matter. The party will clearly be different depending on who leads it. I don't know either these 2 are xenophobes and how they tackle it in their party would be for instance worth considering.
    Highly unlikely any policy change will really impact me too much. No mortgage, don't smoke, don't drink much, got a decent job even though I could stop working at 52 and never work again. Unless they ban my sports car, or tax the Zwift app by £1000 a month, I'm probably going to be ok.

These 2 are in a party full of xenophobe MPs and members who put them in the last 2 places to be PM ... at the very least they are complicit although I'm happy to be proven otherwise if one comes to power and sorts their party out.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

they speak highly of you too.

Sadly for you (luckily for the country) there is no chance of Labour getting near the throne any time soon.
    Never voted labour in my life, never will. Really couldn't give 2 hoots what anyone thinks of me.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Sexist!!!

HTH

SueEllen
    Not really probably the best man for the job never stood as a candidate.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    The Best Man for the job.
    Sexist!!!

HTH

SueEllen

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    The Best Man for the job.

Larry The cat

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Really couldn't care less. The party are full of self centred, xenophobic d*cks. I'd be happier if they collapsed under their own pile of tulip.

Next question ....
    Well they are in charge the next 2 years so it behooves you to care, if those are issues that matter. The party will clearly be different depending on who leads it. I don't know either these 2 are xenophobes and how they tackle it in their party would be for instance worth considering.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Really couldn't care less. The party are full of self centred, xenophobic d*cks. I'd be happier if they collapsed under their own pile of tulip.

Next question ....
    they speak highly of you too.

Sadly for you (luckily for the country) there is no chance of Labour getting near the throne any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Next question ....

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    started a poll Who would you vote for next Conservative leader?

Who would you vote for next Conservative leader?

Liz Truss
    33.33%
    Rishi Sunak
    11.11%
    andyW's Mum
    55.56%

The poll is expired.

OK I have a vote and know who I'll be voting for but what is the CUK opinion?

Working...
X