• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Southampton Flats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoggoth
    replied
    You rode your cat to the IOW?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wightlink-ferry-in-Portsmouth-Harbour.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	4228252
    I've been on the cat to IoW but not the ferry

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Did that ~ 6 months ago to IOW. Wandered around Portsmouth en route. Seemed nice but didn't experience the night time. Wonder if they've got any prossies?
    It's a port. I'd say it was a dead cert that there were many flavours of people with negotiable affection available.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Portsmouth is a much nicer cruise port than Southampton simply because its much smaller. Never had a problem from Portsmouth, drive in and park, cross carpark to terminal, check in and get on ship Last few times from Southampton its been sit in a traffic jam for an hour or so to get into the docks followed by multiple long queues before getting on board hot and bothered and fractious Still a glass of bubbly and a couple of martini's normally sorts the system out
    Did you bump into NLyUK while they were working?

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I've only done one cruise! And yes, that was from Portsmouth.
    Portsmouth is a much nicer cruise port than Southampton simply because its much smaller. Never had a problem from Portsmouth, drive in and park, cross carpark to terminal, check in and get on ship Last few times from Southampton its been sit in a traffic jam for an hour or so to get into the docks followed by multiple long queues before getting on board hot and bothered and fractious Still a glass of bubbly and a couple of martini's normally sorts the system out

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Did that ~ 6 months ago to IOW. Wandered around Portsmouth en route. Seemed nice but didn't experience the night time. Wonder if they've got any prossies?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wightlink-ferry-in-Portsmouth-Harbour.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	4228252

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

You only ever cruised from Portsmouth then?
    The flat idea is simply the thought of having somewhere nice to stay pre and post cruise rather than the 5 hour drive from ones mansion up North With interest rate busting inflation already here such an asset might be worthwhile but probably not

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    I don't think I've ever been to Southampton.
    You only ever cruised from Portsmouth then?
    The flat idea is simply the thought of having somewhere nice to stay pre and post cruise rather than the 5 hour drive from ones mansion up North With interest rate busting inflation already here such an asset might be worthwhile but probably not

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I don't think I've ever been to Southampton.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X