• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If we can't figure out the Irish border, what happens if Scotland join the EU?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we can't figure out the Irish border, what happens if Scotland join the EU?

Nicola is talking up Indyref2 this week and seems to be trying to formally launch a new campaign.
    We can take as read Scotland would want to join the EU and all other guff aside about, how would a land border with England possibly work?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

We just add another 16 feet to Hadrian's wall. Build that wall, build that wall.

Just for the pedants, yes Hadrian's Wall does not mark the boundary between Scotland and England.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hard border if they want to be an EU member. It's a darn sight easier to implement across Scotland than it is across the Irish Sea. Tartan passports.

Seeing as SNP have turned their backs on O&G as a source of income, I'd love to know how the economics stacks up. That and their NATO membership that will be a shoo-in considering they think the nuclear deterrent which underpins it is against their beliefs.

Hadrian's wall is a bit further north than where the actual border is these days - reclaim our lands!!

Comment

Should we have a 'Sexit' forum for the jocks to speculate about how much better off they're going to be when they get rid of their evil English overlords?

Comment

Scotland go bankrupt?

We have to move our submarines?

Putin declares it an ethnic part of Russia infested with Nazis?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Seeing as SNP have turned their backs on O&G as a source of income, I'd love to know how the economics stacks up.
            They can export whisky and wind power... how much of the fishing rights might Scotland get, they have a lot of coastline?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              They can export whisky and wind power... how much of the fishing rights might Scotland get, they have a lot of coastline?
              Hasn't it been overfished for years?

Of course they may be done up like a kipper (see what I did there) by the EU, Scotland doesn't seem too happy about post Brexit.

https://www.openseas.org.uk/news/bre...the-long-read/
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I was under the impression that the popularity of Sturgeon and her toxic SNP was on the wane.

Comment

Simplest solution is for Ireland to leave the EU, like they voted for first time before they were told it was the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I was under the impression that the popularity of Sturgeon and her toxic SNP was on the wane.
                    I'm not sure where you've read that.

Comment

Working...
                    X