• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If we can't figure out the Irish border, what happens if Scotland join the EU?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I was under the impression that the popularity of Sturgeon and her toxic SNP was on the wane.
    But the Tories, Lab and Lib Dims are even more unpopular...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I'm not sure where you've read that.
    here maybe?

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference...endence-polls/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Total-ever-scottish-independence.png
Views:	112
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	4221403

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I was under the impression that the popularity of Sturgeon and her toxic SNP was on the wane.
    I'm not sure where you've read that.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Simplest solution is for Ireland to leave the EU, like they voted for first time before they were told it was the wrong answer.

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    They can export whisky and wind power... how much of the fishing rights might Scotland get, they have a lot of coastline?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    They can export whisky and wind power... how much of the fishing rights might Scotland get, they have a lot of coastline?
    Hasn't it been overfished for years?

Of course they may be done up like a kipper (see what I did there) by the EU, Scotland doesn't seem too happy about post Brexit.

https://www.openseas.org.uk/news/bre...the-long-read/

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Seeing as SNP have turned their backs on O&G as a source of income, I'd love to know how the economics stacks up.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Scotland go bankrupt?

We have to move our submarines?

Putin declares it an ethnic part of Russia infested with Nazis?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Should we have a 'Sexit' forum for the jocks to speculate about how much better off they're going to be when they get rid of their evil English overlords?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hard border if they want to be an EU member. It's a darn sight easier to implement across Scotland than it is across the Irish Sea. Tartan passports.

Seeing as SNP have turned their backs on O&G as a source of income, I'd love to know how the economics stacks up. That and their NATO membership that will be a shoo-in considering they think the nuclear deterrent which underpins it is against their beliefs.

Hadrian's wall is a bit further north than where the actual border is these days - reclaim our lands!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X