• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here with British Gas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Submit a reading.

And switch to DD payments, it's cheaper.

If you are actually overpaying then there will be a credit on your account when they get a real reading. Then they will recalculate.
    It used to be cheaper on DD. Not any more as you’ll be paying the price cap no matter what method. I cancelled DDs when my supplier went pop and have no intention of turning them until a discount is offered.

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

The gricer bot is obviously clinically depressed, as well as terminally thick. He's like Marvin the Paranoid Android, but thick.
    Somebody earlier sent me a private message detailing how I can filter out certain posters. Goodbye.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why is everyone feeding the troll? It's not remotely true as we well know. Just a post to garner more attention as usual.
    The gricer bot is obviously clinically depressed, as well as terminally thick. He's like Marvin the Paranoid Android, but thick.

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied

If you're not prepared to submit a reading yourself, I can't see the point in complaining! .
    I was naive about smart meters. As somebody posted above, they're obviously not very smart.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why is everyone feeding the troll? It's not remotely true as we well know. Just a post to garner more attention as usual.
    WTFH fed the troll with a stupid comment - we are calling out WTFH for being an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

And is your account in credit at the minute or not?

Nice to see how it's the smart meter, Ofgem and the supplier who are at fault for your choice. Did the rate go from £120 to £220 in one jump? If so, a smart person would look at changing suppliers.
    In credit by about £170. The DD went up in May in one go, and it's close to impossible to change suppliers unless you move house. Anecdotally, new customers are being fleeced even more than existing ones. My 'choice' was made a couple of years ago, when we were on a decent fixed price tarif. It ran out just as the brown stuff hit the fan, and we were unable to switch.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Nice to see how it's the smart meter, Ofgem and the supplier who are at fault for your choice. Did the rate go from £120 to £220 in one jump? If so, a smart person would look at changing suppliers.
    In the current market only a grade A muppet would change suppliers (unless things were significantly changing like an electric car arriving).

Have you been paying no attention to what Martin Lewis has been saying continually since October.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It's not just British Gas, we're with Shell and they put our DD up from £120 to £220 p/m. Even I can work out that's more than 54%. I submit a reading every month and it hasn't gone down. I suspect they're all sitting on millions in overpayments, and Ofgem, being a spineless bunch of useless feckwits, done have the balls to call them out.
    I don't (and won't) have a smart meter because they appear to be anything but smart.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It's not just British Gas, we're with Shell and they put our DD up from £120 to £220 p/m. Even I can work out that's more than 54%. I submit a reading every month and it hasn't gone down. I suspect they're all sitting on millions in overpayments, and Ofgem, being a spineless bunch of useless feckwits, done have the balls to call them out.
    I don't (and won't) have a smart meter because they appear to be anything but smart.
    I've got one in one of my shops and I still get estimated bills every quarter that are 3-4 X the actual bill. What's worse is that when you try to use the automated meter reading thingy, it won't work for smart meter readings so you spend hours on hold trying to submit readings. My other shop, same elec supplier, has old style meter. They still over estimate massively, but it's a two minute job to submit a reading by phone to an automated service.

As you say, anything but smart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X