• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here with British Gas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

DD might not be a bad idea. As for your other point, can't see the point of the smart meter which is set to submit a reading ever 30 minutes if they are going to keep clobbering me with these staggering estimates. What sort of frequency should you submit a reading?
    If you're not prepared to submit a reading yourself, I can't see the point in complaining! (And I'm not sure why YOU have chosen to configure your smart meter to submit every 30 minutes, I'd probably only go for once a day)

I normally submit a manual reading once each month. Only takes a few seconds to read the smart meter and type it in to the website for the supplier I use.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    It's not just British Gas, we're with Shell and they put our DD up from £120 to £220 p/m. Even I can work out that's more than 54%. I submit a reading every month and it hasn't gone down. I suspect they're all sitting on millions in overpayments, and Ofgem, being a spineless bunch of useless feckwits, done have the balls to call them out.
    I don't (and won't) have a smart meter because they appear to be anything but smart.

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If you are actually overpaying then there will be a credit on your account when they get a real reading. Then they will recalculate.
    They just shouldn't be doing this - some of us have monthly cash flows to think about

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Submit a reading.

And switch to DD payments, it's cheaper.
    DD might not be a bad idea. As for your other point, can't see the point of the smart meter which is set to submit a reading ever 30 minutes if they are going to keep clobbering me with these staggering estimates. What sort of frequency should you submit a reading?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Submit a reading.

And switch to DD payments, it's cheaper.

If you are actually overpaying then there will be a credit on your account when they get a real reading. Then they will recalculate.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Cancel the direct debit. That will get their attention.

on the other hand, maybe submit a reading?????
    I don't pay by DD - I pay by debit card. I have flagged this with them before & they've told me that the estimated reading will stop but it never does. That said, the only comms I seem to be able to have them is via a chat app with somebody in a far flung corner of the globe so I have little faith in anything ever been actioned there

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Cancel the direct debit. That will get their attention.

on the other hand, maybe submit a reading?????

Leave a comment:

started a topic Anyone here with British Gas?

Anyone here with British Gas?

Long story short, I've got a smart meter yet they are still giving me eye watering estimated bills which eventually get rectified down the line when they create a bill from an actual reading. However having to pay a monthly bill of £210 when in reality I owe £95 is bang out of order. Do they think I'm here to offer 0% loans to them or something?

Unfortunately they are totally uncontactable via phone because I haven't got all day to wait in the damn queue. Is there anywhere else I can take this complaint - some kind of onbudsman / regulator or something?

Working...
X