• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Bans Lightning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Our new car has USB C sockets throughout, so rather annoyingly have now had to purchase a few C-C cables, whereas the house is full of built in USB A. I'd rather imagined that USB A would remain the standard for the "powered" end, since it is so prevalent now, and presumably absolutely fine for power only. Having said that the car does have data as well so maybe that explains it.
    C-C works very nicely so longer term I would like that but as you say, everyone has standardised on USB-A, even Apple, at the 'supply' end so I think that might be some time away.

Do you know if the USB C standard will have to apply to these sorts of things as well then? Loads of rechargeable gadgets use micro USB now.
    From the story "The EU has provisionally agreed all new portable electronic devices must, by autumn 2024, use a USB Type-C charger, a move it says will benefit consumers". So I am guessing yes - the news coverage is overwhelmingly about Apple but it seems it would cover everyone selling micro-USB as well and that is seemingly still the majority for made-in-china electronics, though USBC is getting more common all the time.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      This leads on to an interesting thought (for Vet & co)

Should the UK go back to 240VAC rather than 230VAC?
      In the 1980s and earlier, we were officially 240VAC mains, but that changed in the 90s onwards, that we are now nominally 230VAC. This is the same as wonderful Australia (used to be 240, changed to 230) and evil EU (used to be 220, now 230)
      why? Oh you can only think about things in terms of winning and losing at Brexit not what works!

You must be a Brexidiot

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X