• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leg Crossing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well you would, wouldn't you?
    Well if he isn't, he's done a good job on pretending to be.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bori...19-6?r=US&IR=T

And yes, I can absolutely imagine him making a basic instinct "joke" to his Eton buddies, that then got leaked. Perfectly possible he didn't, but the fact that it wouldn't be surprising if he had says a lot.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Well some of us grew up with people from a variety of backgrounds and that is just their own family....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Professional is professional.
    Actually different cultures around the world, and that includes part of the UK, have different dress they regard as professional.

The same way you don't rock up to PMQs wearing a tracksuit even if that's how you grew up. If she wants to be an unpleasant loudmouth, she should be a union leader not a senior member of the PLP.
    So it's ok for the male Tory MPs to shout like public school boys in debates?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Odd.

I believe he is racist, Islamophobic and homophobic.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    In your educated middle-class male opinion.

Remember other people from different backgrounds have different views.
    Professional is professional. The same way you don't rock up to PMQs wearing a tracksuit even if that's how you grew up. If she wants to be an unpleasant loudmouth, she should be a union leader not a senior member of the PLP.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Some people like the fact she calls a spade a spade rather than an tool for digging with a curved blade and a long handle.

Nah she didn't do it at a awards show full of "actors"
    I like watching Ms Rayner badgering Bojo its nice to see him get a rougher ride.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    'scum', 'vile' and 'nasty' are subjective terms, and I don't believe he is racist or homophobic to significant degree. I'm not sure he views women as inferior either. When you look at the cabinet, the most senior/important ministers are all women, asian, or both.
    Odd.

I believe he is racist, Islamophobic and homophobic.

Then I believe worse about the Labour leader he was up against in the last General Election.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    She's awful and is holding Labour back big time in the middle ground.
    Some people like the fact she calls a spade a spade rather than an tool for digging with a curved blade and a long handle.
    She's more than entitled to those views, but it ain't professional in any sense.

Also Carrie would, according to you be entitled, to hit her as she's insulted her spouse.
    Nah she didn't do it at a awards show full of "actors"

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

FFS, seriously? She's a professional at work, and whilst you may not like her personality or policies, come on Vetty even you're not that disgusting as to sink as low as the Wail on this.

You have daughters mate, do you want them growing up and going to work in environments where men talk about them like this? Instead of seeing the person here as Rayner, think of her as someone's wife, mother, daughter ... your wife or daughter ... and think how they would feel if people were treating them in this way.

It's really crass.
    It was made up outrage and an intentional slur on the PM and Ms Rayner.

If she had being doing a basic instinct reprise then calling her out would be reasonable. But it seems its BS.

If the PM were such a hound dog that he was distracted by such a manipulative ploy then again it needs revealing - he isn't.

No I don't and it seems she wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Which of those is factually incorrect?
    'scum', 'vile' and 'nasty' are subjective terms, and I don't believe he is racist or homophobic to significant degree. I'm not sure he views women as inferior either. When you look at the cabinet, the most senior/important ministers are all women, asian, or both.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X