• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I read that the point behind it being a 'slap' rather than a punch was entirely cultural.
    Something amongst POC where they are saying "You're beneath me actually punching you. You're not man enough for me to punch you. If you were I would punch you. But you're not so I'll slap you like a b***h".

hence why Rock was taken aback because it was so insulting to him personally, without being something he would ever press charges for.

But I dunno. Not my culture. And I read it on Twitter.
    Kind of makes sense ... Rock has attacked Jada multiple times. So I get that Smith is saying, you're not man enough to warrant me punching you, as you only attack women.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I read that the point behind it being a 'slap' rather than a punch was entirely cultural.
    Something amongst POC where they are saying "You're beneath me actually punching you. You're not man enough for me to punch you. If you were I would punch you. But you're not so I'll slap you like a b***h".

hence why Rock was taken aback because it was so insulting to him personally, without being something he would ever press charges for.

But I dunno. Not my culture. And I read it on Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You endorsing violence? Poor Jada.
    You have no idea...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Will should have beaten the tulip out of him, as any man should have in his place.
    You endorsing violence?

Poor Jada.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Will should have beaten the tulip out of him, as any man should have in his place.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You don't have to find it funny - some will and some won't.
    What you don't have the right to do is throw a tantrum and assault someone. All this bollocks about if someone said something about your wife's illness that you'd swing for them, that's your lack of self control right there.

Your sarcastic post above illustrates your persona, you didn't need to respond but you thought you'd try and be clever.
    At what point have I ever claimed to have self control over someone insulting my wife over her illness? Someone could take the p*ss over the fact she couldn't sing, or her accent, or the fact she married an ugly bloke like me ... but insult her because of her illness and yes, I'd nut them.

Only a bully would pull a cheap stunt of insulting someone's illness and hide it behind a 'joke'.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

What you don't have the right to do is throw a tantrum and assault someone. All this bollocks about if someone said something about your wife's illness that you'd swing for them, that's your lack of self control right there.

Your sarcastic post above illustrates your persona, you didn't need to respond but you thought you'd try and be clever.
    What a load of horsefeathers. You insult my wife and I would probably react in much the same way - or more likely, since years of martial arts have improved my self-control you would be made to feel very small indeed.

But what defeats me is anyone thinking that making fun of anyone's illness - especially something very personal like alopecia - and using it frame a pathetic in-joke is either funny (it isn't) or clever (it also isn't).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Least it will improve the Oscars TV ratings for next year.

Do you think they will invite Chris Rock, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Rihanna and Ye (or whatever he's called)?

They should also invite Whoopi to host and put some Jewish actors in the audience.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

No, you're right, it is funny to joke about someone's illness. Silly me, how did I not think that was funny?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Maybe Chris Rock will continue being a comedian. One thing is for sure, the smooth, debonaire Will Smith has demonstrated his lack of control, wit and intelligence.
    No, you're right, it is funny to joke about someone's illness. Silly me, how did I not think that was funny?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X