• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P&O Ferries goes under (or not)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&O Ferries goes under (or not)

It appears that the ferry company is 40% owned by someone who possibly has been/is about to be sanctioned.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It appears that the ferry company is 40% owned by someone who possibly has been/is about to be sanctioned.
    I thought I heard that they were about to sack all their UK staff. I might have misheard though.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Looks like I heard right:

https://twitter.com/KarlTurnerMP/sta...21582277652480

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Another "Winter of discontent" coming?

At least it might distract from the NI Protocol faux up.

Comment

Another "Winter of discontent" coming?

At least it might distract from the NI Protocol faux up.
          I thought that's what the war in Ukraine was doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I thought that's what the war in Ukraine was doing...
            No, Ukraine was distracting from the parties and sleaze.

Comment

No, Ukraine was distracting from the parties and sleaze.
              Other companies may wish to get their bad news hidden by picking a day with other big news stories going round...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My ref to the NI Protocol (for those who are unaware) is due to P&O running two of the main ferry routes to Northern Ireland from England/Scotland.

Comment

oh how quaint a multinational shipping firm employing a western crew!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

owned by someone who possibly has been/is about to be sanctioned.
                    Oh, that part is interesting. The nominal reason they're giving is the 100m loss suffered in the last financial year (), but I wasn't aware of the sanctions angle...

Comment

Working...
                    X