• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Feb 22

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index Feb 22

House price growth accelerated in February, with average price up £29,000 over the last year

Key points:
    • Annual UK house price growth increased to 12.6% in February, from 11.2% in January
    • Prices up 1.7% month-on-month
    • Average house price exceeds £260,000 for first time
    • Price of typical home 20% higher than February 2020

Full report here:

https://www.nationwidehousepriceinde...66-59mr4-ffu59

Interestingly, the price of a typical home rose above £260,000 for the first time. Nationwide I believe are confident about the housing market as last year they launched what they call their helping hand mortgage. Essentially this has enhanced affordability rules and the mortgage must be taken on a 5 year and above fixed rate.

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    Nationwide I believe are confident about the housing market as last year they launched what they call their helping hand mortgage. Essentially this has enhanced affordability rules and the mortgage must be taken on a 5 year and above fixed rate.
    Or it's a sign we're near the top. Lending always seems to get lax just before a boom ends (increased salary multiples in the late 80s, self-cert, sub-prime prior to 2008).
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

So nice to read good news for a change after a pandemic, war in Europe, Climate Catastrophe.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Wonder if fear of nukes will further drive the prices of rural/not near a major city housing.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Wonder if fear of nukes will further drive the prices of rural/not near a major city housing.
          If there're going to be nukes, why would you want to die slowly of radiation, starvation or pillagers, rather than quick and clean at ground zero??

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

If there're going to be nukes, why would you want to die slowly of radiation, starvation or pillagers, rather than quick and clean at ground zero??
            Zombies!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Zombies!
              You watch too many films
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Do you drink or smoke?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Do you drink or smoke?
                  what? how is this relevant to nukes?

Comment

what? how is this relevant to nukes?
                    Because according to him everyone who drinks or smokes will definitely die a long slow death.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X