• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vexing phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose in some languages, there would be no ambiguity. In written English, one could theoretically come up with a construct for this especially in the post-handwritten world but we seem to muddle along.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

About 10 years ago I did a lot of work in the Czech Republic.
      The standard of english amongst my native czech colleagues was rather good but with one exception which would always do my head in.
      Where we would use the word "soon" they would use the phrase "in the next time"!
      As I said it used to do my head in!
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Stop saying "no worries"! I don't care if you're worried or not!
        2022-03-13 Is it just me? Or is ‘no worries’ an utterly infuriating phrase? asks LIZ HOGGARD

Usually the answer to a Daily Fail headline question is "No". But this is an exception (well the second question in the headline anyway)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

2022-03-13 Is it just me? Or is ‘no worries’ an utterly infuriating phrase? asks LIZ HOGGARD

Usually the answer to a Daily Fail headline question is "No". But this is an exception (well the second question in the headline anyway)
          So the answer is yes, it is just Liz. Jolly good. No worries.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X