• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nobody told him it was his birthday.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody told him it was his birthday.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-24/...ws-understands

ITV News understands Boris Johnson had a birthday party during the first lockdown in 2020 despite the rules forbidding social gatherings indoors at the time.

It's alleged that the prime minister's wife, Carrie Johnson, helped organise a surprise get-together for him on the afternoon of 19 June just after 2pm.
    Boris Johnson in the No 10 Cabinet Room during a minute's silence for key workers who have died during the pandemic, April 2020.Credit: PA
    Up to 30 people are said to have attended the event in the Cabinet Room after Boris Johnson returned from an official visit to a school in Hertfordshire.

ITV News understands that the interior designer, Lulu Lytle - who was not a member of No 10 staff - also attended the gathering. At the time Ms Lytle was renovating Boris Johnson’s flat in Downing Street, which has been the subject of a separate controversy.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Luckily Sue Grey knows all about it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Everything I do will be investigated by the bloodhounds of Fleet Street and my legion of haters and found at fault in any way possible

I'd rather Boris than any of the anodyne tulipe's that would replace him and wouldn't stand one iota of the sort of scrutiny the Boss man gets

The UK needs a front guy and Boris is the only one

Comment

I actually think this was a 10-20 minute break in the day where people all using the same office stopped for a bit of cake and sang a song (but not while washing their hands).

I'm really annoyed by the amount air time that's being devoted to something which happened two years ago and is already under independent investigation. There's so much else going on in the world that is far more important to talk about and disseminate information on.

Comment

Never seen anyone share a news story from ITV before. Only yesterday I read they were widening their news coverage and hey presto it's working.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I agree with tazdevil. He may be crap but doubt the alternatives are any less crap.

Really there are more important things to focus on than all this drivel.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I agree with tazdevil. He may be crap but doubt the alternatives are any less crap.

Really there are more important things to focus on than all this drivel.
              Although trivial in themselves, the trouble is they indicate the Poodle's careless and complacent attitude that no doubt extends to more important matters
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can't see it making a big difference, we have party fatigue now; dramatic news of a slice of cake between co-workers is just more of the same.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Although trivial in themselves, the trouble is they indicate the Poodle's careless and complacent attitude that no doubt extends to more important matters
                  You think? You don't suppose this is a major distraction, just like several others he's had to face, like the pandemic and nearly dying, among many others? And it's being engineered by a group of nonentities who think they should be in charge rather than their elected choice?

In terms of fitness for the role, 10 minute meeting of a group of people already in the same workplace to sing happy birthday (and that he himself did not arrange) isn't quite in the same league as, I don't know, selling off our gold reserves for peanuts perhaps, or taking us into an unnecessary and hugely expensive war.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The birthday cake isn't the problem it is all the other tulip he's done.

Anyway the cost of living issues coming up will hammer whoever is in charge.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X