• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Morally Bankrupt individual struggling with the other kind of bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morally Bankrupt individual struggling with the other kind of bankruptcy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-60052754

People owed an estimated £2m by English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson have appointed an independent insolvency expert to try to recover their money before a March deadline.
    I've pinged Man Behaving Dadly a message to sort out one of his donation drives to help out
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Gosh I had to click on your thread to work out which morally bankrupt individual you were talking about. There are currently a few in the news.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Gosh I had to click on your thread to work out which morally bankrupt individual you were talking about. There are currently a few in the news.
      sorry, In future I’ll repost the whole article to make it easier to read
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Just the first couple of paragraphs will do.

(You reminded me I need to update a thread.)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Maybe the title, posting a naked URL is just rude. If you're wanting to discuss a story, take the time to tell us what it is.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd say the lawyers are the most morally bankrupt individuals. How the hell can a case like that cost so much?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I'd say the lawyers are the most morally bankrupt individuals. How the hell can a case like that cost so much?
              The client must have been difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                It's the defending the indefensible as a job that makes me wonder how lawyers get up in a morning. I remember being at a dinner party and one guy was the lawyer for a particular local scroat that had been in the news for robbing and beating two pensioners. He got a call midway through, something about a problem getting his bail or something and another guy at the table took umbridge to the fact the lawyer was trying to get the scroat off. Lawyer said he's as entitled to use the word of law as everyone else so if it's possible he can get bail he'll make sure he gets it. Other guy went off on one and the dinner party was ruined. Did wonder how the guy lives with himself knowing he defends people like that and gets the reduced sentences or off altogether.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

It's the defending the indefensible as a job that makes me wonder how lawyers get up in a morning. I remember being at a dinner party and one guy was the lawyer for a particular local scroat that had been in the news for robbing and beating two pensioners. He got a call midway through, something about a problem getting his bail or something and another guy at the table took umbridge to the fact the lawyer was trying to get the scroat off. Lawyer said he's as entitled to use the word of law as everyone else so if it's possible he can get bail he'll make sure he gets it. Other guy went off on one and the dinner party was ruined. Did wonder how the guy lives with himself knowing he defends people like that and gets the reduced sentences or off altogether.
                  Everyone in a democracy is entitled to legal representation and this guy can clearly detach himself from what his clients have done.

Other professionals also have to learn to detach themselves, and some work in clearly life and death situations.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Everyone in a democracy is entitled to legal representation and this guy can clearly detach himself from what his clients have done.

Other professionals also have to learn to detach themselves, and some work in clearly life and death situations.
                    Friend of ours is a solicitor working in family law and he deals with some unpleasant individuals as a result. That's his approach as well. Everyone is entitled to representation no matter who they are or what they have done. However, he makes damn sure he charges the rotten ones for every single minute of his time and his firm have a scheme where they can submit cases internally and request a reduction in fees/costs for those they feel deserve it.

As an example he was defending a mum who had been on the receiving end of domestic abuse for years and whose scrote of a partner was now trying to take the kids away from her on the grounds that she wasn't able to care and provide for them, which was in large part down to his abusive and controlling behaviour in the past. He essentially did the job for free and she won and he was also able to make sure she got the social support she was legally entitled to but had been unable to claim because of her abusive partner.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X