• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Vetran: woke gems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eirikur
    replied
    Germany renamed negro kisses into chocolate kisses a few years ago: https://www.dw.com/en/meghan-markle-...ost/a-43887622
    (link to the article which also has Meghan in it to make Vetran's blood boil)

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

you can use sod as an insult but it is used for a clump of grass with soil attached.
    Oy, clump-of-grass-with-soil-attached off ...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Isn't "mini" an insult as well?

For example "You are my mini-me", "Aren't you mini?"....
    you can use sod as an insult but it is used for a clump of grass with soil attached.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm mounting a campaign to ban Giant Chocolate Buttons.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A lot of midgets tend to kill themselves. A disproportionate amount, actually.
    Hervé Villechaize off of Fantasy Island. I think somebody from the Time Bandits did.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Isn't "mini" an insult as well?

For example "You are my mini-me", "Aren't you mini?"....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Thats the problem with ignorance and prejudice its available everywhere.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...20small%20size

Definition of midget

1: something (such as an animal) much smaller than usual
    2sometimes offensive : a very small person and especially one of unusually small size
    3: a front-engine, single-seat, open-wheel racing car smaller and of less engine displacement than standard cars of the type
    well now he has had his 15 minutes of stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Disappointed they've not been rebranded them Little People Gems, which would allow them to be both woke, and stick two fingers up to the absurdity of it, at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic FAO Vetran: woke gems

FAO Vetran: woke gems

Originally posted by BBC News
    Marks & Spencer has changed the name of its Midget Gems sweets to avoid offending people with dwarfism after a campaign by a Liverpool academic.

Dr Erin Pritchard, a lecturer in disability studies at Liverpool Hope University, argued the word midget was a form of hate speech.

M&S has now rebranded the popular gelatine treats as Mini Gems.
    Vetran and WTFH off you go.

Working...
X