• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Vetran: woke gems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'd forgotten the car, they'll be getting set on fire by the anti-statue crowd no doubt.
    I don't think damaging someone's vintage car hidden in a garage/under tarpaulin would get pass a jury.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'd forgotten the car, they'll be getting set on fire by the anti-statue crowd no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I googled and my results where
    1. Midget Gems 2. Midget Car (as in MG Midget)
    3. Midget
    I googled it and got 1. Veterans C*ck

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Other than the sweets, how often do you hear it being used as anything else though?
    I googled and my results where
    1. Midget Gems 2. Midget Car (as in MG Midget)
    3. Midget

Last edited by SueEllen; 15 January 2022, 10:54.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Midget literally means smaller than usual, it use with dwarfism is incorrect slang.
    Other than the sweets, how often do you hear it being used as anything else though?

Do we take every word that has multiple uses, one of which someone may find offensive and ban them?
    Obviously not. We don't even know other shops will follow suit. Supermarkets trying to play PC often backfires as people view it as as publicity-seeking nonsense.

Also, there are several Negro Rivers.So one could write about "My Negro adventure"

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Have you turned septic?
    yeah the cream isn't working!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A lot of midgets tend to kill themselves. A disproportionate amount, actually.
    Hervé Villechaize off of Fantasy Island. I think somebody from the Time Bandits did.
    It must be really challenging being different, we probably should help such individuals as a priority. Though given the state of CAMS its not something our government see as a priority.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Have you turned septic?
    No, I like to get my quotes correct.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Germany renamed negro kisses into chocolate kisses a few years ago: https://www.dw.com/en/meghan-markle-...ost/a-43887622
    (link to the article which also has Meghan in it to make Vetran's blood boil)
    Negro is closely associated with the Euro-African slave trade.

https://aaregistry.org/story/negro-the-word-a-history/

Despite its a modern attribution to British & Americans it was created by the second group of slavers who bought from Africa the Spanish & Portuguese. As usual with slang and contested words no two cultures agree on its use.

It also an official pencil type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro_(lead_pencil)

Midget literally means smaller than usual, it use with dwarfism is incorrect slang.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20371969

Do we take every word that has multiple uses, one of which someone may find offensive and ban them?

In this case it sort of makes sense if they want to call them mini gems so as not to offend - why not?

With Negro kisses it definitely makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A lot of midgets tend to kill themselves. A disproportionate amount, actually.
    Hervé Villechaize off of Fantasy Island. I think somebody from the Time Bandits did.
    Have you turned septic?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X