• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince Andrew update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Oh there are another 8 powerful men likely to be a bit nervous.
    Anyone want to play Top Trumps and take a guess at who might be on the list?
    (I mean I don't give a Donald Duck who might be there, or who might have paid to have their name left off it)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

He was probably prewarned about associating with a disreputable rascal like Epstein and technically underage girls, especially in the US.

If so, or even if not because anyone with an ounce of sense would realise anyway, the arrogant fool has only himself to blame.
    Oh there are another 8 powerful men likely to be a bit nervous. Provision of willing/unwilling courtesans is as old as monarchy sadly.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude
    I am not going to speculate on Andrew's guilt or otherwise but it is pretty cold of his mother to act like this.
    He was probably prewarned about associating with a disreputable rascal like Epstein and technically underage girls, especially in the US.

If so, or even if not because anyone with an ounce of sense would realise anyway, the arrogant fool has only himself to blame.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    I am not going to speculate on Andrew's guilt or otherwise but it is pretty cold of his mother to act like this.
    One can't be having any anti-monarchy rumblings when one has to plan one's platinum jubilee shindig this summer.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Surely the time to strip him of titles is after a guilty verdict then?
    He's being stripped to limit reputation damage to the monarchy.

It is a civil court not a criminal court.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Sadly if he is guilty then its the only way to preserve the monarchy.
    Surely the time to strip him of titles is after a guilty verdict then?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

He only needs to be guilty in the Court of public opinion and if they want the armed forces to be loyal to the Crown he has to go .

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Roll Out The Farrell View Post

Perhaps you don't remember this

That's before he met and married Sophie.

They did do some dodgy stuff to make money as soon as they got married, but as soon as the Queen put a stop to it they behaved themselves and found Royal roles.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

it is, sadly many paedophiles and sex offenders were abused by people when young its a vicious circle. That may be a part of sentencing but not when distributing guilt.

I suspect Maxwell was at least mentally abused by her very unpleasant father but I doubt that will be mentioned.
    It was mentioned by some newspaper articles who did an analysis of Maxwell's case that she was open to being manipulated by Epstein. The difference in Maxwell's case is that she was an adult with a degree from a world renown university.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X