• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photoshopping products on eBay etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshopping products on eBay etc

I've bought quite a few things over the years, mainly clothes, which don't look like the pictures on the website.

Here is a fairly blatant example of doctored images.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294131103...dFCPJ#shpCntId

If you look at the light blue and dark blue shorts, the rips are identical. Either one or both cannot be the real colour.

At the bottom of the advert there's a note "Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual color of the item might be slightly different from the color showed on the pictures. "

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

I like that one at left in similar sponsored items below.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've got a couple of pairs of these and the colours really don't matter. Head turners whatever the quality/colour of the product is TBF. Just get a pair and feel fabulous baby. I'd avoid the ones in the recommended list unless you don't mind walking around with your nads hanging out either side.

And just changing the colour on a product picture is pretty normal. Every single car manufacturers website do it and many many more. It's not doctoring images, it's just giving you an idea of what the colour will look like. You obviously aren't going to get the same rips on every item so bit of a non issue.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 13 January 2022, 15:13.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I like that one at left in similar sponsored items below.
        You mean these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334163502476
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Might wanna put an NSFW on that. Don't want to freak the dog out out while viewing these in the home office.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Might wanna put an NSFW on that. Don't want to freak the dog out out while viewing these in the home office.
            why is he afraid of clams?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I forget people spend time here when they're meant to be working.

BTW, I reckon those images have definitely been photoshopped because they didn't look the same on the missus.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

why is he afraid of clams?
                No but might have a taste for a bit of mutton.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  I've bought quite a few things over the years, mainly clothes, which don't look like the pictures on the website.

Here is a fairly blatant example of doctored images.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294131103...dFCPJ#shpCntId

If you look at the light blue and dark blue shorts, the rips are identical. Either one or both cannot be the real colour.

At the bottom of the advert there's a note "Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual color of the item might be slightly different from the color showed on the pictures. "
                  "Due to different monitor and optical artifacts, the beefburger you buy may be considerably thinner and smaller than the juicy picture shown in the adverts"
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think you will look great in them, go for it!

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X