• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That party that never happened, or did it, or didn't it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So how come it took a year and a half for people to notice there was an illegal gathering with 100 invites, many of who are now saying how worrying they found it? It's almost like people have known for ages and been waiting until there was a good time to make it public.
    There's only so many BoJo lies per day that can be released.

And no, the problem isn't "The Media" or "Labour" or everyone else. The problem is the liars, frauds and charlatans in government and those funding and supporting them. We need to stop the attempts to deflect away from their contempt for us.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

There's only so many BoJo lies per day that can be released.

And no, the problem isn't "The Media" or "Labour" or everyone else. The problem is the liars, frauds and charlatans in government and those funding and supporting them. We need to stop the attempts to deflect away from their contempt for us.
      It's sweet you think there's a "the problem". We all know the media are corrupt and self-serving, that doesn't mean the government isn't too.

This is a bigger story than most, I find it hard to believe all the tories were so loyal as not to report it, they love backstabbing each other. This is a bigger deal than Cummings by far.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think Boris is actually fooked this time.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          I stuck my neck out on the previous ones and said there was no chance he'd go, but I'm unwilling to do so this time. Heads are definitely going to roll, I think Boris will somehow escape but I wouldn't bet on it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            I'd like to think so. If not the party itself - and that should be enough, IMO, although I think it is hard for people to remember just how toughh restrictions were at the time - then for the lying. If he was at that party, then he has made statements on the record in parliament that are flat out lies. That should not be survivable as PM. Of course, we've known he is a liar for many years now, but this one is on the record and backed up by real evidence.

Whoever is leaking this stuff is really working his/her material well. I'm still not sure we've reached the climax - I'm hoping for something photographic with Johnson involved.

Edit to add: when I say working the material well, whoever this person is is leaking just enough to get BOJO to issue a denial, before releasing something that directly contradicts that denial. Much more powerful in the long run than simply releasing everything at once.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Edit to add: when I say working the material well, whoever this person is is leaking just enough to get BOJO to issue a denial, before releasing something that directly contradicts that denial. Much more powerful in the long run than simply releasing everything at once.
              Very likely.

It is someone who is into their Game Theory.

One thing ex-PMs had was people who were loyal to them and it works all the way down.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I stuck my neck out on the previous ones and said there was no chance he'd go, but I'm unwilling to do so this time. Heads are definitely going to roll, I think Boris will somehow escape but I wouldn't bet on it.
                One thing the Tories are quite good at is ditching a liability and it can happen quite quickly. Like you, I wouldn't have stuck my neck out on previous occasions, but this one is different. Sue Gray and the Met are both looking at this now and, with the Met involved, it will probably drag on, which means an open wound for weeks to come and continued deterioration in the polls. This seems to be a very clear violation of the rules. Anecdotally, the anger is visceral for this one, including among natural Tories and erstwhile Boris sympathizers. Going to stick my neck out and say he's probably gone, even though he is teflon, I agree.

Comment

Just waiting for the messages that show Reynolds issued the invitation on Johnsons instruction.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Just waiting for the messages that show Reynolds issued the invitation on Johnsons instruction.
                    It doesn't really matter if Boris attended and, according to Cummings, he did. That said, a PPS doesn't issue an invitation like this without approval. Unlike the other breaches, Boris is smothered in this one and the usual strategy of sacrificing officials/civil servants or political advisers won't work this time (even though he will try).

Comment

And as important as these details might be to us, what really matters is how Tory MPs answer the question, "is he an electoral liability?". I think that is rapidly becoming "yes", in which case the facts no longer matter w/r to his survival. May elections will consolidate that view and I reckon he's looking very vulnerable afterwards, if not before.

Comment

Working...
                      X