• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is it this time? sick bag edition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is it this time? sick bag edition

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/24/man-h...bags-15655769/

Nothing is off-limits when it comes to collecting.

A former IT consultant has collected over 3,200 aeroplane sick bags after becoming enchanted by them as a student 40 years ago.

His favourite ‘barf bag’ came from a NASA space shuttle.

Steve Silberberg, 60, from Massachusetts, USA lives with his partner Madeleine Rys, 55.

And he's got a girlfriend? How'd that happen...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Maybe she collects cruise ship sick bags.

Makes perfect sense joining forces, so now between them they have the finest sick bag collection in the world!
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 24 November 2021, 14:38.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ahh they found him after the calender of benches article - https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...tmas-gift.html

Incidentally NF is this a club for you? The Dull Club

The pursuit of dullness: meet the world’s most boring hobbyists

With a Facebook group of more than 10,000 members, the Dull Club shows that a growing number of people are embracing the world of the ordinary.

The club’s annual calendar showcases the best boring hobbyists from around the world. This year’s features Steve Silberberg from Massachusetts, who has collected 3,161 airsickness bags. “I thought it would be interesting to collect something no one else collects,” he said. But now his website, airsicknessbags.com, has a list of 265 collectors across the world.

There’s also Louis Chung, who photographs rubbish bins around his home city, Hong Kong; Ton Merckx from the Netherlands, who has amassed a huge collection of cycling jerseys; and Gianni Bellini from Italy, who has the world’s largest collection of football stickers.

But the UK population arguably has a special gift for finding joy in the dull. Andrew Dowd, a maths teacher, has photographed all 2,548 of Britain’s railway stations. “Most aren’t very interesting,” he concluded.

David Morgan has received a Guinness World Record for the largest collection of traffic cones, and James Brown, from Derbyshire, has the world’s largest collection of vacuum cleaners.

Nick West, from Somerset, has moved house twice and built an extension to house his huge collection of quirky beer cans, collected over decades – he has more than 9,000 of them.

In Cumbria, Archie Workman photographs drain covers, and is particularly fascinated in their geometry and how they interconnect. “I do dull,” he told his local newspaper. “Celebrating the ordinary, that’s what I like to do.”

There’s also Louis Chung, who photographs rubbish bins around his home city, Hong Kong; Ton Merckx from the Netherlands, who has amassed a huge collection of cycling jerseys; and Gianni Bellini from Italy, who has the world’s largest collection of football stickers.

But the UK population arguably has a special gift for finding joy in the dull. Andrew Dowd, a maths teacher, has photographed all 2,548 of Britain’s railway stations. “Most aren’t very interesting,” he concluded.

David Morgan has received a Guinness World Record for the largest collection of traffic cones, and James Brown, from Derbyshire, has the world’s largest collection of vacuum cleaners.

Nick West, from Somerset, has moved house twice and built an extension to house his huge collection of quirky beer cans, collected over decades – he has more than 9,000 of them.

In Cumbria, Archie Workman photographs drain covers, and is particularly fascinated in their geometry and how they interconnect. “I do dull,” he told his local newspaper. “Celebrating the ordinary, that’s what I like to do.”

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Add extra dullness by repeating post content. Excellent SE!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

When I used to fly a lot on a contract I used to keep those miniature drink bottles they do on planes. Collection still in greenhouse.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I'm practising for when I'm a social influencer and do stuff like this -

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That's a Mail Online trait. After reading an article, it feels like you've read it three or four times.

Their minimum wage journalists are obviously paid by the word, but to be fair they really drum their stories into the readers' heads!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Well...erm... When me and my mates were younger going on multiple lads holidays we had a bit of a tradition of mailing any old tat we could find to rub it in the recipient wasn't on holiday. Club fliers, bar mats and all sorts but sick bags were the go to item. Two or three holidays a year over close to a decade was a lot of sick bags in the post. Address and stamp with rude message on the back and in the post it goes. Not a single one went missing which was impressive. I know me and a couple of the lads still have them in keepsake boxes in the loft somewhere.

So, technically I also have a collection of sick bags
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    And he's got a girlfriend? There's hope for Mordac!!

When I used to fly a lot on a contract I used to keep those miniature drink bottles they do on planes. Collection still in greenhouse.
                    I used to collect them as well. The contents at least. I'm not sure many made it off the plane.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X