• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Wars.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    While it's never gotten particularly physical, my parents have had a really nasty dispute with their neighbours which has gone on for the best part of 30+ years now. Can certainly see how these things fester and escalate - naturally, nobody is interested when it's "minor" anti social behaviour, but over a period of decades even the slightest transgression can set you off even if the individual act is relatively minor.
    Yeah it seems so petty but it is amazing how much it can niggle at you. You can spend your whole commute home dwelling and seething on if "your" space will be free or that idiot at #23 has taken it again and you'll have to park under the tree instead. Can't be good for us.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Which was probably what he was fighting over.

Apparently according to other newspaper reports most of the houses had 2 parking spaces each as there is no public transport in that area.

Looking at that ariel photo the end terrace houses appear to have 2 spaces, but the 2 mid terrace houses, owned by the warring parties, only seem to have one space each.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    New builds dont come with much parking space these days

I guess the suspect was not happy with the victims parking 2 cars in one space

"tension between them accelerated three months ago after Jenny crashed her car into a vehicle belonging to the neighbour as she returned home"
    You can imagine there are going to be arguments just looking at that picture. Parking two cars with both hanging over front and back is going to wind someone up for sure. The neighbour on the left isn't helping things by parking outside the lines as well. The arguments will start when the couple don't think they are doing anything wrong and be belligerent about it and the guy is a bit of a rules type. It's going to cause tension for sure. If they hit his car and carried on with the attitude due to a long term breakdown is undoubtedly make for a very uncomfortable situation.

If they apologised and paid damages in full then there shouldn't be an issue but if there are tensions I doubt that happened which will enrage him no end. Absolutely no reason to get violent or murder people though.

I think there is a lot of backstory here but nothing would excuse what has happened at all.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Two kids' lives destroyed overnight. As a parent this just sickens me.

I really, really f**king hate this world at times.

qh

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Youngsters are being taught/preached to stand-up to their rights, but they should also be taught when not to.
    Discretion is the better part of valour. For which better part, I am still alive. But maybe the victims did back down but the murderer was full of murderous intent.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Youngsters are being taught/preached to stand-up to their rights, but they should also be taught when not to.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I don't get it - If that's how they left their cars, the victims weren't even blocking in their neighbour's car.

The only potential grounds I can see for a complaint by the neighbour is that their car sticking out at the front makes it infinitesimally harder for the neighbour to look to his left when he is pulling out.
    Which was probably what he was fighting over.

Apparently according to other newspaper reports most of the houses had 2 parking spaces each as there is no public transport in that area.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I don't get it - If that's how they left their cars, the victims weren't even blocking in their neighbour's car.

The only potential grounds I can see for a complaint by the neighbour is that their car sticking out at the front makes it infinitesimally harder for the neighbour to look to his right when he is pulling out.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 24 November 2021, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    A classic example of overcrowding - something will eventually snap.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    New builds dont come with much parking space these days

I guess the suspect was not happy with the victims parking 2 cars in one space

"tension between them accelerated three months ago after Jenny crashed her car into a vehicle belonging to the neighbour as she returned home"

Click image for larger version  Name:	50907291-0-image-a-2_1637744527658.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	4193449
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 24 November 2021, 13:14.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X