• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who Series 13 - The Flux

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who Series 13 - The Flux

So what on Earth is that all about. Two CRAP series with Jodie Whitaker with no Arcs, then they go and do a cracking Arc, excellent writing & a must watch first THREE episodes!

Obviously WOKE was out the window and they went for it. Annoying they do it when it's an actors last series!

Discuss
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I’m hoping I will like and understand the last episode once the series ends and I have some context.

I watched it because I had to, to get to the next episode, not because I enjoyed it. :/
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Compare and contrast when Tennant's Doctor rebuked PM Harriet Jones for taking down a ship that was leaving, with episode 2 of this series (which is the only one I've seen!).

The current series is admittedly better than it has been, but the writing is still not very good.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

An incoherent mess, afaic. Can't explain the plot through visualisation so have to have poor Jodie gabbling it out and using cheap CGI to make it appeal to the kiddies. Back references to obscure moments in old episodes don't exactly help either.

And I know I'm getting old when the background music drowns the dialogue!

Given up on this one. Roll on the next series with a genuine writer.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Too fast, relying on us to understand stuff without telling us why. Episode 3 was better, but only just. Where is the humour, I'm sure it used to be more funny in the past but that is all gone.

Comment

I've just watched episode 4 - the one with the angels - (yeah, I'm a late bloomer!) and I don't recall this Division malarkey. Is that something from a previous series that I've forgotten?

EDIT: It would seem i definitely haven't been paying attention, or memorising everything
            https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/The_Division

Comment

more importantly do swarm & the Doctor have any experience with Azure?

asking for an agent friend!

Yep compared to earlier efforts sadly this isn't grasping me.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sounds like I made the right decision to stop watching Dr Who in about 1970
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Sounds like I made the right decision to stop watching Dr Who in about 1970
                  Nope. It was quite good for the first few seasons of the reboot. You missed some cracking entertainment.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I just keep wondering what the Flux it all about...

Comment

Working...
                    X