• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Site for posting product reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site for posting product reviews

I recently bought a couple of hot water bottles at £15 each from https://hotwaterbottleshop.co.uk/, and the fecking things leak significantly, even when I tighten the top as hard as possible.

I'm hesitant to send them back because I quite like the covers, but I am pretty pissed off by the obviously poor quality of the bottles themselves. This company, by its very name, "The Hot Water Bottle Shop", sell only hot water bottles, and they only have to get one thing right, hot water bottles that are leak-proof! But it seems the technical challenges of this are beyond them, despite the fact that rubber hot water bottles must have been around for a century at least and presumably not leaking for most of that time, certainly not when brand new!

So, to cut a long story short, are there customer review web sites where I can post a scathing review?

P.S. Anyone know an online shop where one can buy good quality hot water bottles?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Surely you should be contacting the company and let them offer replacements, even if you do want to leave a review somewhere?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 16 November 2021, 09:24.

Comment

Is Trustpilot not a thing anymore?
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

https://uk.trustpilot.com

Or, if the company has a twitter account, use that.

As for other options:

Hot Water Bottle Reviews
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Surely you should be contacting the company and let them offer replacements, even if you do want to leave a review somewhere?
          Definitely. As a small business owner myself, do give them the chance to put it right before going in all guns blazing. Things go wrong - maybe this is a bad batch - but the true measure of any company is how they well they put things right. If they try to give you the runaround, then go for your life.
          Trustpilot seems a decent review site, and they do carry quite a few negative reviews so don't seem to cater just to the companies.

Comment

B&M £2.99

Buy covers somewhere else. Etsy, ebay, get cross stitching....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              https://uk.trustpilot.com

Or, if the company has a twitter account, use that.
              Maybe revoo too?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Google reviews

Comment

Ironically by posting the URL for the vendor, it's probably pushed it up a bit in Google's natural search algo. (Unless Google can tell that the words associated with it are negative).

Comment

This forum's getting more like mumsnet* every day

*or more carehomenet, really

Comment

Working...
                    X