• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foot In Mouth Disease

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    He has, quite literally, blamed Everad for "allowing" herself to be arrested.
    No, he didn't "quite literally" blame her for allowing herself to be arrested.

What he did say was downright stupid though, and naive to not realise how it would be reported.

Comment

I'm not anti Police. I'm far further from that than you may imagine..
      Aha! You're undercover here.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

No, he didn't "quite literally" blame her for allowing herself to be arrested.
        Quite right, it was just implied!

Comment

Quite right, it was just implied!
          I really don't think that was his intention either - but he's paid for his stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I really don't think that was his intention either - but he's paid for his stupidity.
            I'll confess to being a little facetious, but I don't really see how else it can be interpreted.

Woman gets "arrested" by a warranted Police officer (And I think this is key - he wasn't a "fake" police officer or anything like that) and promptly raped and murdered. And then this guy turns around and says women need to be more "streetwise" about arrests. I honestly can't fathom what he was trying to say or what he felt Sarah Everard could or should have done differently.

Comment

This man, being a bloody PCC, specifically said women need to be more "streetwise" when it comes to being arrested by Police Officers. Can you honestly not grasp why that's problematic, and why he's been absolutely trounced for it? He has, quite literally, blamed Everad for "allowing" herself to be arrested.

See, no, that's a lie isn't it Vetran. We aren't talking about "people" - we are talking, specifically, about warranted Police officers abusing their powers of arrest. Pray tell, what are YOU going to do if wrongly arrested? You gonna take that fight? You gonna risk a charge of assaulting an officer, or resisting arrest? Or, like most normal people, are you gonna think "This'll get sorted down the station" and not "They're going to murder me".

Your inability to process what was said, and why it's problematic would astound me if it weren't for the fact you've continually shown yourself up to be something of a special case in these matters. You're desperate urge to be "anti-woke" or quite whatever issue you have is clouding your judgement and ability to see the facts.

Oh, and I forgot to respond to your earlier question - no, I'm not anti Police. I'm far further from that than you may imagine..
              Well if the Police had stopped Couzens before he escalated then he wouldn't have been able to do this.

But on the basis of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing answer these:

Oddly when I have been stopped by the Police the first thing they do is radio in to control to explain what they are doing so control can know if they need to reschedule. (its the same on the documentaries) One assumes Couzens didn't do that? red flag 1.

Why would a single plain clothes officer be arresting people for COVID offences the chances of an angry scene are far too high red flag 2

Why would a single male police officer arrest and restrain a female without calling for backup or moving to a public place the chance of being accused of inappropriate conduct is too high. red flag 3

Why would he arrest a female allegedly for Covid when these are normally dealt with by a fixed penalty unless the suspect is uncooperative red flag 4

I would expect most male police officers would walk her home and give her a polite warning about personal safety and Codvid. Especially in light of their abysmal failings to justify the fixed penalty Covid warnings they issued last year.

So if she had seen any of those red flags, then demand that he get backup or call control and he refused, her kicking him in the nuts and running off screaming would probably be supported by most courts.

I'm not anti woke I'm anti stupidity we need to fix this and anyone being pilloried for reaching for a solution is not helpful.

Telling people to be careful is not a crime!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'll confess to being a little facetious, but I don't really see how else it can be interpreted.

Woman gets "arrested" by a warranted Police officer (And I think this is key - he wasn't a "fake" police officer or anything like that) and promptly raped and murdered. And then this guy turns around and says women need to be more "streetwise" about arrests. I honestly can't fathom what he was trying to say or what he felt Sarah Everard could or should have done differently.
                see below then.

I agree we should have protocol for single officers dealing with opposite sex / sexuality. We should have a way of scared suspects verifying an officers identity and we should explain how the procedures work so you can identify fake or dodgy officers.

Clarity is what we need.

Comment

oh look sack the Sussex Police for telling people what to do in such a case. They should be ashamed!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nage-girl.html

Sussex Police have also issued guidance on what people can do if approached by a lone person claiming to be a police officer.

A spokesperson said: 'Officers can use their police radio on loudspeaker to talk to the operator in the police control room.

They added: 'The operator can confirm the identity of the officer, that they are on duty and carrying out legitimate policing business.

'You can also ask a passer-by to observe.'

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well if the Police had stopped Couzens before he escalated then he wouldn't have been able to do this.

But on the basis of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing answer these:

Blah blah
                    You do realise that lots of people haven't had anything at all to do with the police or criminal justice system? Or know anyone who works in it?

So you are victim blaming.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You do realise that lots of people haven't had anything at all to do with the police or criminal justice system? Or know anyone who works in it?

So you are victim blaming.
                      It's easier to blame than to act.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X