• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has any one refused Covid Vaccination?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has any one refused Covid Vaccination?

Was reading https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58851205 and started wondering if any one here refused covid vaccination? Refused because of faith / religion or something else?

I only know one person who has chosen not to, but only because they are quite vocal about it. A couple of other people I imagine probably in the same boat, and from that I can infer probably a handful of others with similar views on things.

I see a lot more concern about <18 vaccinations though, people unsure what to do there especially for younger children. A friend of a friend is very vocally anti-child-covid-vaccination and because they are a surgeon, they get onto radio shows and stuff as an "expert".

I know one person who considers any vaccine with links to abortion unethical, but otherwise the arguments I see mirror the US conservatives... general distrust, links to shadowy big-pharma conspiracies, etc. I think in the States, a big part in some demographics is simply an automatic push back to anything they're told they "have to do".
    Last edited by d000hg; 11 October 2021, 08:51.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      A friend of a friend is very vocally anti-child-covid-vaccination and because they are a surgeon, they get onto radio shows and stuff as an "expert".
      The false expert fallacy. He's a heart surgeon so he must know all about how covid vaccines work.

I know a few people who've refused vaccination. One fits the US religious right demographic. Another is simply fearful due to all the crap put about by antivaxxers.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The false expert fallacy. He's a heart surgeon so he must know all about how covid vaccines work.
        Quite. Although it does make me worried someone with that level of training and responsibility can be so fundamentally misinformed on the basics, which is really quite simple core principles.
        Fair enough to argue against childhood vaccination - this is a legitimate issue - but from what I can tell he's bounced along from one popular anti-covid argument to the next. He was anti-lockdown, then anti-mask, then anti-vaccine, now he's anti-child-vaccine.

Comment

As you have asked the question; I have declined the vaccination as I, and my family all caught COVID at the start of the first wave and recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            As you have asked the question; I have declined the vaccination as I, and my family all caught COVID at the start of the first wave and recovered.
            And? Although they don't know they think immunity can last up to 8 months. The first wave was much longer ago than that. Is it worth the gamble?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

And? Although they don't know they think immunity can last up to 8 months. The first wave was much longer ago than that. Is it worth the gamble?
              Would one normally get vaccinated for diseases they had had before? Actually no idea... but it does seem your own immune system is typically regarded as doing a better job for future protection than a vaccine for anything you manage to fight off properly. I don't think that many people are going to want to have a Covid jab every 8 months.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Would one normally get vaccinated for diseases they had had before? Actually no idea... but it does seem your own immune system is typically regarded as doing a better job for future protection than a vaccine for anything you manage to fight off properly.
                You mean like an annual flu jab?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You mean like an annual flu jab?
                  Just like that... most people don't have them.

Comment

Flu Jab is a best guess as to which flavour we will get this year. Covid-19 was a specific target.
                    Me and the missus both had Covid in Feb 20. She has 'underlying health issues' so had the jab on Dr's advice. I didn't, as as far as I'm concerned I have the best protection provided by my immune system

Comment

Working...
                    X