• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short term (~2yrs) buy or rent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

And the bleak northern wastelands will be a good reacclimatisation before returning to Poland
    Bleak?

There is a reason why Yorkshire is called God's own County and it's not just because they are arrogant.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Bleak?

There is a reason why Yorkshire is called God's own County and it's not just because they are arrogant.
      I meant economically. Also joking: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23505723
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I meant economically. Also joking: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23505723
        And the counter point in that would be Justin Welby former Bishop of Durham and student at St Johns, Durham when I would have been there (went to Kings College instead).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And the counter point in that would be Justin Welby former Bishop of Durham and student at St Johns, Durham when I would have been there (went to Kings College instead).
          That's not perpetuating the meme though Many of our small towns do look like something out of Eastern Europe these days though. Luckily Boris is going to fix it.

Justin is by all accounts a fine fellow though I've not met him myself. Never knew he was an ex-Johnian like myself.

Comment

That's not perpetuating the meme though Many of our small towns do look like something out of Eastern Europe these days though. Luckily Boris is going to fix it.

Justin is by all accounts a fine fellow though I've not met him myself. Never knew he was an ex-Johnian like myself.
            When's the last time you've been to Eastern Europe and / or Poland?

I've lived in Lincoln for 3 years and had enough, so not planning to move there any time soon, thank you very much. There's a reason why it's cheap...

Comment

Bleak?

Indeed.

In fact if the OP wants to buy a house one of the cottages in the iconic hovis advert is up for sale. Can't get much more Yorkshire than that.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/05/iconi...0000-15368376/
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

When's the last time you've been to Eastern Europe and / or Poland?
                When's the last time you've been to NE England?

I've lived in Lincoln for 3 years and had enough, so not planning to move there any time soon, thank you very much. There's a reason why it's cheap...
                Poland or the north??

Comment

When's the last time you've been to NE England?

Poland or the north??
                  I've never been to NE England, but you've not answered my question.

Both.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

I've never been to NE England
                    So you're in no place to dispute then are you?

I have not been to Poland. Neither have I visited Afghanistan or North Korea.

Comment

So you're in no place to dispute then are you?

I have not been to Poland. Neither have I visited Afghanistan or North Korea.
                      You're the one comparing the two, I simply asked if you've been to both. What's not fecking clear here? And why would I care if you've been to Afghanistan or NK?

Comment

Working...
                      X